1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Squeak Center For Second Gen Tacos

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacoTron, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Apr 19, 2010 at 11:28 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    So I started this thread to hopefully help anyone with any squeaking problems they have with there 2nd gen tacomas. If you guys have other squeaks or weird sounds go ahead and add it and I will add it to the top. I figured this will help in the long run. So once again if u guys know where the problems are and have a solution go ahead and add it and ill put them up. Here are a few that i know.

1. Squeaking from Leaf springs: Horrid squeak when you get in or out of the taco. Solution: You can either get a tsb be done for your taco if its still on warranty. People sand or clean there leaf springs( this solution usually doesnt last that long). Toytec AAL has little round friction pads that makes the squeak go gone. (Jeffersons solution) Spray wd40 and clean it up and hes good for about 3months.

2. Squeaking from back seat:( Happened to my taco), The back seat is held by 3 or 4 bolts on the bottom of the seat, They tend to get loose and once they do an odd squeaking nose starts and it sounds like its the cab instead. Simple Solution: Find right size bolt battern and tightened those suckers up real tight and that weird squeak will go away. ( from Glandnut) I've got an 09' double cab and kept hearing a rattle coming from the back. I discovered that even though I had the rear passenger shoulder belts slid in the holders, they were still rattling. What I did was just slip the belt into the holder with the buckle under the holder. The slight tension on the buckle getting pulled upwards against the holder stopped it completely...

3. Squeaking with in the dash???? Weird squeak that sounds like its coming from your front end suspension. I took out the lower dash panel and gauge panel and took a look around and no problems. Then I checked every single bolt top to bottom and found that some were loose. Tightened every single bolt again and wa la no more squeaking from within the dash.

4. Squeaking from the breaks Simple one: Everytime you come to a stop and here squeaking from the tires break area? Time to switch them old break pads out and slap some new ones on. Another solution is use break dust remover and spray them down and that squeak should be gone found by Bullzi511Tacoma06

5. Squeaking from clutch or break pedal? Simple solution the tighten up the bolt behind the pedal and its good as new. ( found from NUMBAH57)
    ( continued by afd23a) another squeaky point for the clutch pedal is the pivot point for the release fork. This is for those whose clutch pedals squeak from outside the truck and not inside. I've had both problems. Tightening the nut behind the pedal fixed the inside squeak. I think that lubing the release fork pivot point with some WD-40 or other spray lube temporarily fixes the outside squeak. The pivot point is under the rubber boot on the side of the tranny. It's what the slave cylinder pushes to engage/disengage the clutch.

6. Squeaking from TC UCAs? Comes from the bushings. Solution: Time to grease those bad boys.. ( from LRGRNR)

7. Squeaking from the backseat? one solution. If you're getting a rattle in the doors from the bass hitting, it is probably the panel over the window switches. Pop them off and use cut up sponges to prevent them from rattling. Found by Mxpatriot

Thats what I have so far guys hope you guys have some problems to put up so we can make a good list.

2. Apr 19, 2010 at 11:36 PM
    timbo805

timbo805 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SanDiego
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma trd sport pre-runner
    great info tacotron

3. Apr 19, 2010 at 11:37 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    Thanks man hopefully we can get this list going

4. Apr 19, 2010 at 11:41 PM
    timbo805

Member:
    SanDiego
    Vehicle:
    yhea i just heard Squeaking in my dash yesterday
    : (

5. Apr 19, 2010 at 11:44 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    Yeah like the solution up there I just took my gauge panel and lower dash panel out and re torqued everything and bam gone. You might have to go that route man.

6. Apr 19, 2010 at 11:46 PM
    timbo805

Member:
    SanDiego
    Vehicle:
    that's what im thinking im going to do a search on how to take apart my dash

7. Apr 20, 2010 at 5:44 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    anybody else have a squeak and solution to post up?

8. Apr 20, 2010 at 5:50 PM
    timbo805

Member:
    SanDiego
    Vehicle:
    i got one its a bit dumb but my rear leaf springs where squeeking like crazy so i took them apart cleaned them out and sprayed them with white lithium grease its has ben about 6 months and im still good.

9. Apr 20, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    THats number 1 alrdy lol

10. Apr 20, 2010 at 5:59 PM
    numbah57

numbah57 GIVE THE MALL A BREAK...WHEEL THAT SHIT

Member:
    First Name:
    kahai
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 2.7 Beaten not Babied
    URD ARB G2 PELFREY BAMF LCE AFE
    My clutch pedal used to squeak like a MOFO, Hand tightened the little nut below the pedal and good as new.

11. Apr 20, 2010 at 5:59 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    O good one people actually do have problems with that gotta tighten up let me add it

12. Apr 20, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    Added!

13. Apr 20, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    yes and fixed

14. Apr 20, 2010 at 6:20 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    another squeaky point for the clutch pedal is the pivot point for the release fork. This is for those whose clutch pedals squeak from outside the truck and not inside. I've had both problems. Tightening the nut behind the pedal fixed the inside squeak. I think that lubing the release fork pivot point with some WD-40 or other spray lube temporarily fixes the outside squeak. The pivot point is under the rubber boot on the side of the tranny. It's what the slave cylinder pushes to engage/disengage the clutch.

15. Apr 20, 2010 at 6:22 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    Nice one and added on to the clutch squeak

16. Apr 20, 2010 at 6:27 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
  17. Apr 20, 2010 at 6:52 PM
    225nontypical

225nontypical ????????????

Member:
    backwoods
    Vehicle:
    11 tundra DC TRD OffRoad
    bilstein 5100's weather tech floor mats katskinz leather heated seats
    OK i got one, i can not figure it out and either can the Toyota dealer maybe someone on here has had this problem. the sound is coming from the passenger side of the truck (at least that is what is sounds like) and it sound like loom (spelling ?) the stuff you put wires in vibrating on some plastic or something. at first i thought it was interference in the speaker but now i do not think so. i have taken it back 3 times for this and every time they say the found something and fixed it, the last time they insulated the b pillar but that did not solve it. any ideas?????

18. Apr 20, 2010 at 6:57 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    Only thing i can think of on the passenger side is the loose bolt that likes to tap on the plastic part.Open the glove box and theres a bolt around the top left corner which is behind the black plastic stuff. So u gotta take out the glove box to get to it and tighten that sucker up and gone thats the only thing i know on the passenger side

19. Apr 20, 2010 at 7:01 PM
    Triumph843

Triumph843 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    South Carolina
    I had the TSB done for the squeaking and it just came back the other day... any tips?

20. Apr 20, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    Are you positive it was the tsb? I took mine in for the tsb and all the did was put skinny lil plate and lubed up my leaf springs and it came back in a week. If you got the aal tsb and the sound came back you should take it back in. If you want also you can spray it down real good and clean it up. Some others on here sanded it down and put it back together to get the squeak away. I put an aal from toytec that has like a round friction pad at the ends and it hasnt squeaked once ever sense then.

Products Discussed in

To Top