1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Squeak from clutch/transmission

Discussion in 'Garage / Workshop' started by Gumpmann84, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Sep 26, 2010 at 3:50 PM
    Gumpmann84

Gumpmann84 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    Cement 2020, TRD OR, Long bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension, Sumo Springs, ARE Camper w/ Yakima gutter pylons & bars and a Prinsu Cab Roof Rack.
    Hi guys and gals,
    I'm new here to this forum. I've got a '09 Tacoma TRD SR5 4x4. I love this truck!! I was extremely pleased to be able get a 4x4 truck with a manual transmission here in the states. It's been a great truck so far, I've driven it from Cali out to Alabama (and once more forth and back again). I've already put 37K miles on it.
    So my truck has started to make an incessant squeak that seams to be coming from the clutch or the transmission (not the clutch pedal itself). It usually starts after the truck has warmed up a bit and makes the noise with the transmission in neutral and clutch out (stationary idle) or with the transmission in a gear and driving; but not if I have the transmission in gear and the clutch pressed in. It seams a bit early for a clutch/transmission to be going bad. :confused::(
    I've replaced a clutch plate on a '64 Ford 100 once and I'm hoping I don't have to do that here. Any ideas??
    Thanks!!

2. Oct 6, 2010 at 3:21 PM
    Gumpmann84

Gumpmann84 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Forrest
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    Cement 2020, TRD OR, Long bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension, Sumo Springs, ARE Camper w/ Yakima gutter pylons & bars and a Prinsu Cab Roof Rack.
    Hey again guys,
    I guess I didn't search around to much when I made my first post. I didn't know how to get around the site too well. I've since read a few other posts, and talked to a friend of mine who had a '94 Taco. He simply said to me when I asked him about the sound my truck was making: "Sounds like a manual Toyota trany to me".
    So anyways, i'm going to try some of the things that have been suggested and as long as the Taco continues operate fine, I guess I don't have too much to worry about.

3. Oct 6, 2010 at 3:56 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    Welcome to TW!

Most of the clutch complaints on the tacomas are a squeak when pressing the clutch in/out. If you're still under warranty I'd get the dealer to check it out just to make sure.

Products Discussed in

To Top