1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

squeaking with 6 inch fabtech

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by toyota bomb410, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Nov 28, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    toyota bomb410

toyota bomb410 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    can anyone tell me why my trucks squeaks it has a 6 inch fabtech 2006.. and its not the carrier bearing, its from the lift ,, plezz help ha thanks!

2. Nov 28, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    griffin407c

griffin407c Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCLB MGM 4x4 Sport w/Entune
    3" Revtek Lift
    leaf springs?

3. Nov 28, 2011 at 11:40 AM
    Seabass

Seabass Chrome won't get you home

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    '06 Sport 4x4
    You don't really care, do you.
    Squeaks over bumps or uneven road? Squeaks on flat road? Different speeds? More info, please. At this point I agree with the above and you may have squeaky leafs. They are the first part of the suspension to usually start doing this. My '06 started squeaking pretty bad so I threw some lithium grease between the stock leafs and around all the bushings and now she's quiet like new.

4. Nov 28, 2011 at 3:50 PM
    toyota bomb410

toyota bomb410 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    it does it when you go over little bumps. but its loud

5. Nov 28, 2011 at 3:51 PM
    ouyin2000

ouyin2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Arlington, Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '11 DCSB TRD Sport
    Leer 100XL Canopy, OEM Side steps, TRD Oil Cap, TRD License Plate Cover, WeatherTech Digital Fit Liners, Elite O/R Hitch Shackle, Katzkin Leather Interior, LED Interior Lighting, Foglight Anytime mod, Illuminated 4x4 switch, Grom Audio Aux adapter, Redline Goods leather shift boot console cover and door handle pulls, Sockmonkey bedside decals, Dynolock electric tailgate lock
    When you're out at your truck next, sit on the tail gate/rear bumper. My stock leafs squeeked really badly at around 15,000 kms

6. Aug 30, 2015 at 11:46 AM
    DennMann

DennMann New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2009 4x4 Double Cab
    6" lift
    I took my truck to the shop that installed the 6" lift kit and was told that there was rust in the lift components and that it would cost $800 to replace the parts. I rejected to replace the parts and was then told that the guys expected my response and had lubricated some components to keep the problem away for a while. Sure enough, the problem returned about 4 months later.

This time, after a rain storm, I noticed the squeak had gone away. So I took some photos of the wet lift components (leaf springs and such) that were lubricated by the rain. A week later I applied CRC White Lithium Grease on a very small dose to these same areas. The squeak is now gone. I know the lubrication will need to be repeated every 4 - 6 months, but at least I now know where to apply it. Remember that this grease works at very hot and very cold temperatures, so avoid applying it by mistake on surrounding components like exhaust system components, spare tire, plastic boots, etc.

Front Tires (repeat for the Front Passenger Tire):
    Make sure you cover the plastic boot with a rag. Apply a small dose on each of the circled areas in the picture below. The lubricant will automatically get into the metal-on-metal zone, so don't worry about manually smearing the lubricant into place.

Rear Tires (repeat for the Rear Driver-Side Tire):
    You will be working near the exhaust system and spare tire. SAFETY FIRST: Exhaust system components will be hot if the truck has been in operation, wait until these parts have cooled down before attempting this part of the lift kit lubrication process. Avoid getting the lubricant on surrounding components and wipe any residue off immediately with a clean rag. Small doses is all that is needed.

Now I can pull into my driveway up a curve and can actually hear the shocks compressing and other hardware parts moving. This is a lot nicer compared to the squeaking that existed there before.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
To Top