1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Squeaky Noises

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sfhunter, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Feb 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    sfhunter

sfhunter [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    Hey everyone!

I had a question before I took my 2008 Tacoma to the shop and paid $$$ for something I can take care of at home for cheaper. When my rear wheels hit a speed bump I hear squeaky noises coming from the rear as well at when I'm at a full stop then ease on the gas and the truck moves forward initially. I have read from a few posts that people are having there leafs squeak due to the spacers wearing out. Could this be the reason?

This is my first truck and I have taken it off road through some big puddles (puddles that are as deep as my 20" tires if not a little higher) when going hunting. I don't go mountain climbing like some of you crazies (in a good way) due lol.

Any info what it could be and how to solve the issue would be much appreciated. As well as any kind of maintnance I should be preforming for going through that kind of water. By the way I do get under the truck with a hose and clean all the sand and dirt out from under her every time I go. I just want this truck to last me a very long time!

Thanks,
    Tom

2. Feb 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    Its the rear leaf springs, get the TSB done, you will never regret it! Not only does it stop the squeaking, but also beefs up the back so you can actually haul things heavier than a bicycle without it saggin!

3. Feb 15, 2012 at 10:06 AM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    You can hit the leaf pack with a pressure washer, should get rid of the dirt acquired from off roading between the leafs.

4. Feb 15, 2012 at 10:08 AM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    ^^^^ Exactly. My truck is in the dealer right now getting the rear TSB done for the same reason.

5. Feb 16, 2012 at 11:41 AM
    kyleperrin

kyleperrin New Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    What does the TSB entail? My 06 Tacoma Prerunner has been squeaking for awhile now. I called the dealer about the squeak and referenced the Technical Service Bulletin and they said it wasn't covered under warranty, but is covered under the 36,000 mile warranty.

T-SB-0106-11. New shims/pads between the spring leafs. Is this the repair that will fix the squeak? The dealer said it could be done for $158.00 including tax.

6. Feb 17, 2012 at 6:04 AM
    sfhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    Thank guys! I'm also interested in what the TBS entails. I'm just am not mechanically inclined at all (I'm working on it, with the help of this site) and would love to understand it before I just go in there and ask to have me rear TBS done without knowing exactly what it is.

Would be nice if I could get it done for under $200. I was thinking it was a $1000 job...lol. Shows you how much I know. Is Kyle right?

7. Feb 17, 2012 at 6:06 AM
    gooch14

gooch14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2011 Blk DC Taco SR5 4x LB
    Bestop, Child Seats, petrified french fry, dog hair, empty Mtn Dew cans cracked windshield, scratches.
    My truck squeeked more WITH the TSB. The issue is dirt and gunk between the leafs...leaves? Search the forums, people have power washed them, applied rubber 'gaskets' between the....leafs/leaves or even just applied some liquid chain lube for like a bicycle or motorcycle.

Also you can just turn the radio up :D

8. Feb 17, 2012 at 2:41 PM
    sfhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4

Products Discussed in

To Top