1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SR5 with Compass and Temp.?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NorCalKD, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Jan 9, 2009 at 10:25 AM
    NorCalKD

NorCalKD [OP] Member

Member:
    Auburn, Ca
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab SR5 4x4 6" ProComp 20's w/ 33"s
    6" ProComp Lift 20" Wheels 33" Nitto Mud Grapplers
    Hey guys, probably a stupid questions here but I have been trying to search around to see if it is possible to put the TRD Compass and Tempture overhead console in the SR5 models?

Is all the wiring there for the compass and temp. on the SR5 models?

Thanks

Kyle

2. Jan 9, 2009 at 10:51 AM
    TRDnAZ

TRDnAZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Desert Sand Mica
    I have a 07 TRD 4X4 Off-Road DBL Cab SR5 with the Overhead Compass and Temperature readout from the factory. Do you have the same truck without the Compass and Temperature readout?

3. Jan 9, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    Yes. im trying to do it myself. You need the consol (of course) and the temp sensor located behind the grill IF you have an overhead consol already. If you dont, it wont work (you wont if you DONT have an axcess cab or double cab.. single cab trucks dont have the overhead).

4. Jan 9, 2009 at 10:56 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    the SR5 without TRD never had an option for the overhead compass.. so theyre ONLY avalable in gray. No tans or anything

5. Jan 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM
    NorCalKD

NorCalKD [OP] Member

Member:
    Auburn, Ca
    Vehicle:
    I have a 07 4x4 SR5 DBL Cab with an overhead console that comes without the compass and temp readout. This is why I want to know if the wiring is all in place so I can swap out the overhead console with the TRD one with the Temp and compass.

So basically if I get the overhead console with the compass and temp and also the temperature sensor I can put it all in there and it should work? My truck is the 07 SR5 4x4 Dbl Cab

I dont need tan, just the grey one to match the interior.

Thanks guys,

Kyle

6. Jan 9, 2009 at 11:25 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    Don't get ahead of yourself. You have no idea how much they want for these. I looked it up, plan to spend about $700 for a new one!

7. Jan 9, 2009 at 11:26 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    You got it! Its an easy swap once you get the parts. 30mins tops.. sure cant wait to do it for mine!

8. Jan 9, 2009 at 11:27 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    YES very true. someone is selling one on our website for about $175. Id get it, but i dont wanna spend that right now. Then youd just need the sensor

9. Jan 9, 2009 at 11:28 AM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I think the sensor is less than $35.

10. Jan 9, 2009 at 11:54 AM
    NorCalKD

NorCalKD [OP] Member

Member:
    Auburn, Ca
    Vehicle:
    I know the cost for a new one but I have a buddy who works for toyota that can get me one of the used ones that need to be sodered for dirt cheap.

Then all I need is the sensor.

Thanks again guys,

Kyle

11. Jan 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM
    Hotdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    Wet Okole Underwear
    In that case, I know the wire from the overhead area to the temp sensor is there. I think the power is also already there. You will just need the temp sensor which is under $35.

Products Discussed in

To Top