1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

SSO Slimline Hybrid Stage 2 High Clearance kit

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by SouthernStyleOffRoad, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Jul 23, 2019 at 4:04 PM
    dc7rr1

dc7rr1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    SoCal - Montrose
    Vehicle:
    ‘18 DC TRD OR 4X4
    Did you order just the Stage 2 kit?

That’s all I ordered.

Are people experiencing the long delays on just the bumper or the Stage 2 kit also?

2. Jul 23, 2019 at 4:10 PM
    Gregw138

Gregw138 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Off Road DCSB 2016 Lexus ES350 2009 Lexus ES350
    WAY TOO MANY
    I am waiting on bumper order 4/26 and stage 2 on 5/31. I was told by SSO that they are waiting to finish bumper and ship at same time

3. Jul 23, 2019 at 4:19 PM
    BlueDevilPharmD

BlueDevilPharmD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I ordered a slimline on May 25th and the stage 2 as soon as they released on the 31st. I know I was one of the people that got that first batch.

4. Jul 23, 2019 at 4:52 PM
    Cody23

Cody23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    probably hunting or camping
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRDOR 6MT
    6112/5160 SCS 285s GFC
    Finally clean

E19E2893-8140-4D7A-B325-99CF6FBF3FA7.jpg

Rome604 and BlueDevilPharmD like this.
  5. Jul 23, 2019 at 6:20 PM
    Jonkim

Jonkim Well-Known Member

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB sport
    I received an email from them around week 8 that the process is taking longer than expected due to high demand.
    I think they have great communication. They always answered back when I emailed in a timely fashion.
    I ordered my bumper in April 28th and I don’t mind waiting as long as the finished product meets me expectations.
    Maybe I’m old fashion myself and not living in this me me now culture.

6. Jul 23, 2019 at 6:27 PM
    Rome604

Rome604 I am the Captain now

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro Sequoia
    Amen. I had the exact same experience. Any time I asked them a question I had an answer within 24 hours.

7. Jul 23, 2019 at 9:14 PM
    GladiatorNOT

GladiatorNOT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR
    Old Man BP51 coilovers Dakar HD leaf springs Icon Delta control arms TRD Pro rims with Kenda Klever RT 33x10.5 tires Exhaust mod TRD front skid, RCI tranny and transfer case skids Southern Style Slimline front bumper Baja Designs S8 bumper light Warn Zeon Platinum 10s winch 4.88 Nitro gears ARB front locking differential ARB twin air compressor X2 Power 27 battery RCI rear bumper with Rigid SRQ lights RCI rock sliders RLD canopy Dometic CFX3 55 refrigerator TRD Pro grill Front & Rear anytime camera Seat Jackers Diode Dynamics Pro fogs
    “not living in this me me now culture.” You think when the estimate on their website states an 8 to 10 week lead time and after 18 weeks I still haven’t received it and they never called me to tell me anything until I called is the right way to run a business? This isn’t about me this is about be fair and honest to your customers. I’m 48 and have been a business owner since my mid twenties and I could never treat one of my customers this way. Being lied to and having an estimate being off by over two months is not expectable in any line of work. At least not in the world I live in.

Anyway, according to the tracking number it was shipped out at 9:23pm tonight their time. So looks like I might finally get it in just under 19 weeks. Only right at twice the estimated time. A great way to run a business? All I know is I’ve spent thousand upon thousands of dollars in all sorts of different builds in the last 30+ years and I have NEVER dealt with a vendor that treated me this way. I see no reason to defend their actions no matter how good the product is.

Justwandering and shane100700 like this.
  8. Jul 23, 2019 at 9:59 PM
    GladiatorNOT

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR
    Old Man BP51 coilovers Dakar HD leaf springs Icon Delta control arms TRD Pro rims with Kenda Klever RT 33x10.5 tires Exhaust mod TRD front skid, RCI tranny and transfer case skids Southern Style Slimline front bumper Baja Designs S8 bumper light Warn Zeon Platinum 10s winch 4.88 Nitro gears ARB front locking differential ARB twin air compressor X2 Power 27 battery RCI rear bumper with Rigid SRQ lights RCI rock sliders RLD canopy Dometic CFX3 55 refrigerator TRD Pro grill Front & Rear anytime camera Seat Jackers Diode Dynamics Pro fogs
    One other concerning issue. The shipping notice they just sent me said the bumper being shipped has the access holes. I didn’t order one with the access holes. I hope this is just another mistake on their part in typing something wrong in the shipping email. I sent them an email telling them to look at my invoice and order from 3/22 which clearly shows I did not order a bumper with the optional access holes. Hopefully they get back to me soon about this.

shane100700 likes this.
  9. Jul 24, 2019 at 4:07 AM
    splashflash

splashflash Vagabonding

Member:
    First Name:
    Art
    Timnath, CO
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB 4x4 M/T Off-Road
    I'll take your bumper if you are dissatisfied. :D I've yet to run into a bumper company deliver on their 8-12 week guestimates

Dogg23 likes this.
  10. Jul 24, 2019 at 7:25 AM
    GladiatorNOT

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR
    What bumpers have you ordered? Just for Tacoma’s I’ve ordered from Warn, SDHQ, and RCI and only RCI didn’t meet the expected delivery date. And that was only by one week. Not over two months off like these guys. Not to mention being lied to. Lee did just email me back and apologized and said they are in the process of hiring new staff and getting everything in order around the shop. So at least he admitted they are having problems. That was nice to hear.

If the bumper does show up with the access holes I will sell it to you or anyone else real cheap. $250 and you pay for the shipping and it’s yours.

11. Jul 24, 2019 at 7:29 AM
    BlueDevilPharmD

Member:
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Dibs

12. Jul 24, 2019 at 7:45 AM
    GladiatorNOT

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR
    And let me ask you this. Have you ever ordered or have you EVER heard of anyone else ordering a custom bumper that a vendor fabricated and then shipped it out to someone else? And not only that. They didn’t even catch it and call you to let you know what happened. You had to call them for them to even figure it out. Did that happen to you or someone you know? I don’t think so.

13. Jul 24, 2019 at 7:46 AM
    GladiatorNOT

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR
    Should have it on Monday according to the tracking. If it shows up with the holes it’s yours.

14. Jul 24, 2019 at 7:54 AM
    Gregw138

Gregw138 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Off Road DCSB 2016 Lexus ES350 2009 Lexus ES350
    WAY TOO MANY
    Who ever you sell it to , wait 18 weeks before you ship it and see how patient and understanding they are !!

cshrum and shane100700 like this.
  15. Jul 24, 2019 at 8:00 AM
    GladiatorNOT

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR
    Perfect! Couldn’t have said it any better.

THANK YOU!!!

16. Jul 24, 2019 at 8:04 AM
    mhshark

mhshark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bend, Or
    The company I ordered from shipped right on time. Most also give you updates if they are running late. I don’t understand how this guy is getting so dicked around, I feel for him.

shane100700 likes this.
  17. Jul 24, 2019 at 10:27 AM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

SouthernStyleOffRoad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hi, you should have received your tracking number yesterday. I'd also like to take a moment to explain exactly what went wrong with your order for clarity.

Your order was initially fabricated, powdered and ready for shipment on May 22, with the order number 77474. We stamp the last 3 digits of an order on the bumper so that once it returns from powder coating, we can identify it for shipment. However, this time there was also a 4runner bumper with the order number of 78474 ready to be built. When the previous shipping manager searched our systems by only the last 3 numbers, he found the 4runner order and assumed that the order had been built incorrectly. He then reassigned your bumper to the next matching order in line assuming it was a stock item now. At no time did we tell you information that we did not believe to be true based on what the systems were telling us. We always strive to be as transparent as possible in our process and apologize if you felt misled.

After replacing that shipping manager, a total purge of the systems began taking place to ensure no orders were being left out. On June 24th, we received a support ticket from you inquiring about your order which led us down this road of discovery I just explained. On July 3, your new bumper was rushed through the fabrication processes to get it to you as quickly as possible. There was a potential hurricane that delayed that shipment a few more days, but it did leave our shop yesterday July 23.

I'd like to reiterate that most orders are shipping right at 12 weeks right now as we indicated in our email out to our customers. Our new shipping manager has whipped our shipping department into shape and errors such as this wont happen again. I hope people can understand this was an isolated incident that we tried to correct the best way we could once it was discovered. We have also refunded your shipping charges as a small token of apology and do hope you enjoy your bumper!

18. Jul 25, 2019 at 9:34 AM
    ohgeezTRD

ohgeezTRD IG: liftedbro_lifted

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Seattle, Wa
    Vehicle:
    2019 Super White Tacoma TRD OR Prem/Tech Package
    Baja Designs, Cali Raised, CBI, Prinsu, Rotopax, Southern Style Offroad, King Suspension, Kibbetech, Stealth Custom Series, BFG, TRD, Undercover.
    :spending:

19. Jul 26, 2019 at 12:18 PM
    BlueDevilPharmD

Member:
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    I thought for sure since I bought my Slimline on May 25th and the Stage 2 on May 31st they would have the same powder coat job. I was wrong. I will post a picture once it is put together so you can see the differences but I cant do that yet because the hardware they send with the stage 2 is nowhere near long enough if you have to use even 1 washer shim. It only grabs like 2 threads without any shims. I will say mine lines up pretty evenly overall even though the gap is way larger than what I was hoping for. Kinda regretting not just getting both in bare metal and then having them welded together locally and all powdered together.

GillyLink likes this.
  20. Jul 26, 2019 at 12:50 PM
    SouthernStyleOffRoad

SouthernStyleOffRoad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Give us a call and we'll sort out the different powder issue. 225 726 7979. We're also ordering longer bolts to be sent out with the stage 2's. If you've already recieved your kit and need longer bolts, just shoot us an email and we'll get them out to you asap.

Products Discussed in

To Top