1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Started Project "No More Fatass!"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 28ØØ3, Jan 15, 2009.

?

Should I post a photo-documentary of my weight-loss progress?

1. Yes

119 vote(s)
    79.9%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    20.1%
  1. Jan 22, 2009 at 12:03 PM
    deadbolt

deadbolt do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab 6spd 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    Good luck man!

2. Jan 22, 2009 at 5:03 PM
    kristopherl

kristopherl AKA: Jake the Wolf

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport LB. Foglight
    Cup holder LEDs, Black Max Tonau, BHL Mod, N-Fab side steps
    Good luck man. last year I started a diet in Jan. I only did 1500 cals per day and went from 235 to 195 in less than 4 months with minimal work out other than working in the back yard. The key thing is to right down your calories (EVERY CALORIE). If you don't then you tend to fudge it and you end up taking in an extra few hundred Cals

3. Jan 22, 2009 at 5:10 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    best of luck man! ive started taking weight into serious consideration lately. Im tired of having the gut...As its too expensive for me right now to keep a gym membership, im doing other things during my day to kinda cheat.

I cut down my food intake by like 1/2 of what I used to..Now its usually fruit,cereal or anything like that.
    no soda!!! ill drink my piss before soda now.(except the flu, gingerale was the only thing i could keep down)
    dont eat till your full, always get up a bit hungry

etc...Keep up the good work thou!

4. Jan 22, 2009 at 5:47 PM
    T-rev

T-rev Resident Mall Crawler

Member:
    Tempe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Offroad
    Good luck! I used to weigh 170lbs when I was 15 and I was 5'8". I rode my bike 5+ miles about 4 days a week and started dieting, after about 3 months I weighed 130. Now I'm 16, 5'11", and lifting trying to gain muscle mass and I weigh 145. I'm shooting for 160 all muscle gain by the end of the year. Just stick to a good workout and diet right and you will lose all those unwanted pounds:thumbsup:

5. Jan 22, 2009 at 6:17 PM
    Ry1984

Ry1984 Well-Known Member

Member:
    From Texas, Now Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    01' ExtCab SR5 2.7 4x4
    K&N FIPK, Billy 5100 all around, 881's in the front, Toytec AAL
    Not sure if your into those workout vids or not, but I did the p90x routine and it works great.

6. Jan 22, 2009 at 6:20 PM
    ZonKs

ZonKs Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    100% correct. Two years ago i dropped 50 lbs. in about 7 months. I went from 245 to around 195. I bought a bowflex and followed the diet that came with the machine without fail. It was basically starving yourself (i was used to nightly runs to Tommys, Wendys, or whatever for the infamous "4th meal" at around 10 pm). It was extremely hard. Almost impossible. You need to get used to being hungry starving all the time. Eventually your body adjusts and you are only semi starving all the time. I walked around all day with my stomach growling constantly.

It was COMPLETELY worth it though. i felt horrible about myseld. I was
    always pretty skinny. But once the late 20's / early 30's hit, the metabolism just slowed to a halt. But i kept eating like i was 19. The pounds just kept piling on. I feel pretty good now. But I watch my diet very closely. Its hard too with an Armenian girlfriend (very good food always around).

Bottom line is.....you cannot lose weight unless you eat small portions of very lean food. It really doesnt matter how much you exercise if you eat badly. I didnt do any cardio, just weight training. The key to losing weight and keeping it off is replacing fat with muscle. If you have muscle, it is much harder to put on fat.

Good luck bro. Ive been there, and I feel your pain:(

7. Jan 22, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    i did it similar to the way you listed. I wanted to begin to wind myself( i cant run very far without getting out of breath) so i used to run/walk/jog around my block every night. Id start walking then jog, then run..Do this a bit further every night..I also ate very little every day..Im talking about like a bowl of rice in the PM. I did this for several months, and i dropped like 50lbs. Then i got lazy and turned 21, and since 22, and now ive got some lbs back on..Sucks. I need to get back into my old routiene

8. Jan 22, 2009 at 6:31 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    It looks like your hand is trying to hide a boner.

Buy snap peas or snow peas to munch on if you just need something to fill your stomach while watching TV. They're a little sweet, but healthy. And if you eat an entire bag in one sitting it's like drano for your ass.

Imagine a shotgun filled with wet brown tissue paper. Now imagine the barrel of the gun being your anus.

PS - I hope you own toilet duck.

[​IMG]

Actually, it might just be a good idea to grease down your toilet bowl with butter before hand.

9. Jan 22, 2009 at 7:43 PM
    Ry1984

Ry1984 Well-Known Member

Member:
    From Texas, Now Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    01' ExtCab SR5 2.7 4x4
    I also failed to mention that a shipmate of mine had to make weight for the coast guard and he had to lose 40 lbs. He ordered that Nutrisystem and sure enough with a little cardio here and there, he lost it and dodged possibly getting booted out of the military.

10. Jan 22, 2009 at 8:31 PM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Good luck man you can do it.

11. Jan 22, 2009 at 8:42 PM
    Ghost96Romeo

Ghost96Romeo What is the Search Tab for????

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road D-Cab
    3" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift AAL Rear w/TSB, All-Pro Plate Bumper, Lightforce 240 Blitz lights, Lund Genesis Roll-top Bed cover, K&N Filters, Spidertrax Wheel spacers, Built-by-Me Rock Sliders, Jeep Tow-Hook, Black Leather seats, 48"Hi-Lift Jack mounted in the bed, Blacked out TRD Rims, BHLM, FLM..... and Awesomeness
    If you need some advice I'll be happy to help.

Good luck!

12. Apr 20, 2009 at 12:04 PM
    ryanf

ryanf Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    06 AC 4X4 6cly/6spd TRD-OR
    Rain Visors,
    The greatest weight loss keys, are food. You can work and you will loose but you want to eat better, remember 3500 Kcal=1 lb of fat so theoretically if you just 500 a day you will loose a lb a week ( assuming nothing else changes )....
    Cardio is good, but it's not as effective as you would think as a stand alone workout. for example, at my body weight ( 184lbs ) if i ran on a treadmiil for an hour i would burn X calories, if i did the exact same mile AFTER a mild weight workout i would burn X+ 20% more Kcal. Your body will burn more during cardio after a weight work out.

Also steer clear of traditional exercises, bench press is great, if you are going for a bigger chest. The most effective workouts for weight loss are multiple mussle exercises Ie Squats/shoulder press. Doing a squat then standng right into a shoulder press with light weight causes your body to do much more work, Al beit is much harder.

But eating and working hard is the key, and don't starve yourself, just be smart about it.

Take all this as you will, I am not a physical trainer, but years in the military, and a federal LEO job that requires me to stay in good shape...ive seen/heard it all. and this is what really works.

and GOOD LUCK!

13. Apr 20, 2009 at 12:20 PM
    goofyboy

goofyboy Longhorn.

Member:
    Katy, Tx
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    guess the fat won.

14. Apr 20, 2009 at 12:57 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    Starving yourself on a diet is a horrible idea. All it sets you up for is to regain all the weight you lost at the first rut you hit. You have to eat smart and calculate how many calories you eat in a day. Make sure you get enough protien to sustain your body.

Junior year of high school my rugby coach pulled me aside and told me next season I would get my chance to start the whole season. I immediately got serious with a gym membership, and intense cardio work. This is what i did.

3-4 days of intense cardio (sprinting workouts)
    4 days of weight training
    1 day of endurance running, mostly to help with the soreness of the rest.

I was eating over 5500 calories a day, but smart foods. Still lost 8 pound while putting on muscle in about a month. Then I kept gaining muscle weight. Went from 185 to 177, then back up to 190.

The best benefit of weight training I saw was injury prevention. I strengthened my core immensely and got rid of my chronic back problems. I played every single second of the season senior year, even days where we had multiple games, even the game where i broke my nose (Tampon made it a quick fix).

Now sophomore year in college I have been out due to my surgery to put my shoulder back together and I am over 200 lb :(. Before my surgery, my heart rate was 46 bpm

Just eat smart and keep exercising and your body will follow. If not for any other reason, keep us updated to motivate yourself.

15. Apr 20, 2009 at 1:45 PM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    I know you said you're not a physical trainer, but does this work in reverse order? I either run only, or I run and then lift weights. I never lift weights then run. Am I cheating myself out of some super-calorie-burning excercise?

Also, if you know, would a quick workout (like 3 sets of pushups, crunches, pullups, and gravity squats) do anything to increase the calorie burn during a run?

I was about to say... looks like the fat smothered out the good intentions. FIGHT, 28003... FIGHT!

16. Apr 20, 2009 at 7:58 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Yes, you will be glad you did. And it will probably help keep you focused.:)

17. Apr 26, 2009 at 9:03 PM
    tt07

tt07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    north carolina
    Vehicle:
    01 4wd
    none yet
    Go strong man i just lost 40lbs myself doing all cardio and eating right and now i have jacked up my knee so im trying to figure out what to do now!! but u keep it up and stay focused!!

18. Apr 26, 2009 at 9:16 PM
    cstainton

cstainton Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, Az
    Vehicle:
    05 Ext Cab 4X4 SR5 v6 Short Bed, Manual
    6in Procomp Lift, Chrome Bull Bar, Billet Grille, TRD CAI, Tacoma seat covers, Kenwood 6in Nav/DVD/Music player, Viper alarm system, Tinted Tails, Rear Diff Breather Ext.
    Good luck man... Put the work in and it will pay off.

19. Apr 27, 2009 at 7:48 AM
    Ry1984

Ry1984 Well-Known Member

Member:
    From Texas, Now Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    01' ExtCab SR5 2.7 4x4
  20. Apr 27, 2009 at 7:51 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    It's been 3 months since the OP updated... any word, buddy?

Products Discussed in

To Top