1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stealership Assistance

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Dbltap03, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Apr 27, 2011 at 7:51 PM
    Dbltap03

Dbltap03 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    First time poster, long time lurker. I'm looking to get a 2011 DCLB TRD Sport package within the next month or so. I have been doing some homework but I know the sales people will do their best to try and rape me on the price. The best price I found was on Truecar.com and showed $29,200 as the best local price, which if I'm not mistaken is right at invoice for that model and package. Does that sound like a decent price or can I get it lower still? Any better online resources or the names of reputable:D dealerships in NJ would be appreciated. I've got a relative that works for Ford so all my other purchases have been off the A plan and this will be my first foray into the exciting world of negotiating with the vampires on the sales team so any help would be awesome.

2. Apr 27, 2011 at 8:00 PM
    Rashnu

Rashnu Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 T4R TEP
    Stock
    Welcome! I would check out the dealer internet sales.

3. Apr 27, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    SmEYELey

SmEYELey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Whittier,Cali
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner White Tacoma
    Tint, Flowmasters Exhaust, King coilovers w/resi, tc uca & spindles
    i got my 11 dbl cab for 29,650 out the door. something they post numbers up to get you attention but when it comes down to it they forget to tell you that isn't with like taxes or this, this and that type of deal.

4. Apr 27, 2011 at 8:06 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    Hey Dan! Welcome to TW.

I got my truck (DC LB TRD Sport) from DCH Freehold Toyota. They had to get it from another dealer because I wanted it in Black, and because of that, they couldnt work the price too much, but I got it for $29,500 instead of the $31,500 or $32,500 that it was listed for.
    I also looked at Galaxy toyota in Eatontown. The salesman was much pushier and flat out asked what he could do to get me to take the truck home that day. Wanted to sell me a DC SB, when I wanted a DC LB, and one that a manager had been driving so it already had 500 miles on it, and wanted me to pay $29,500.. the same amount I ended up paying for a brand new one in LB from Freehold.

Check out the NJ Tacos thread and introduce yourself, alot of great guys and we have meets and wheeling trips pretty often.

here's the link
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/north-east/41121-nj-tacos-261.html

I guess I should add that even with the price lowered to $29,500, after taxes and fees I ended up paying about $32,000 and if I followed their payment plan, for 5 years it would cost me $40,000

5. Apr 27, 2011 at 8:08 PM
    Texas Taco 11

Texas Taco 11 Parrothead

Member:
    First Name:
    Jax
    Houston, Tx
    Vehicle:
    '11 Dbl. TRD OffRoad PreRunner
    one week old! give it time...
    Mine was a demo with, like 6000 miles. saved $3000 off sticker.
    And it's still considered a "new" vehicle with all the warranties and such.
    worth a look I say

6. Apr 27, 2011 at 8:11 PM
    Dbltap03

Dbltap03 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Thanks Josh,
    Galaxy was the dealer that Truecar recommended but I'm sure I could get the same or similar price at Gateway down in Toms River. Gateway has 3 DCLB Sports in stock atm but their internet price is around 31-32k for all of them.

7. Apr 27, 2011 at 8:23 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    I've always heard dealers will price match if you tell them "so and so dealer will give me this same truck for x amount less..."

8. Apr 27, 2011 at 8:30 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Dan,
    Before you buy, go over all the options... There are a few of us, me included, who would have gone with the TRD Offroad instead of the Sport, had we known then what we know now....
    Just food for thought.
    There is a lot to be said for a rear e locker & atrac...
    Best wishes!

9. Apr 27, 2011 at 8:33 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    x2
    I learned the hard way that the difference between TRD Off Road and TRD Sport isnt just a hood scoop with color matched grille and bumpers. TRD Off Road is actually built with off road features.

Products Discussed in

To Top