1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stealership service LMAO!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by billas333, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Sep 2, 2010 at 2:32 PM
    billas333

billas333 [OP] They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    Just a short story about my local Toyota Dealers service shop that I went to today.

My truck is at 35K and time for its first major service, I am in need of oil (which I do myself normally) tire rotation (which I get free from Americas tire) and 4x4 service.

Guy put me down for everything and then a lil more for the great low price of $832 before 15% discount. So I ROTFLMAO in front of him.

After asking for an exact print out of everything they were gonna do, the only thing on the list I am not able to do myself at this time is spark plugs and the 4x4 fluids.

I gave them the go ahead to do the 4x4 only for 160 bucks. GEEZ what a waste.

I still gotta get the spark plugs done somewhere some how. Oil I will be doing this weekend and Tires next week.

I feel sorry for gullable old ladies with cars who know jack about them cause they woulda just paid it.

2. Sep 2, 2010 at 2:38 PM
    KellyJoe

KellyJoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Victoria, TX
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD Sport DCSB
    If you can do oil you can do spark plugs. Simple.

3. Sep 2, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    x2

4. Sep 2, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    stroM-

stroM- Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Santa Rosa, California
    Vehicle:
    2006 4X4 TRD OR
    You really did this in front of him?

[​IMG]

:p

on a service note, thats RAPE!

5. Sep 2, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tundra Off Road SR5
    6000K HID Headlights 6000k HID Fog Lights Window visors (all 4) Tri-Fold Tonno Bedlined Rockers Bedlined Bumpers Bilstein 5100 Toytec 1/2" spacers 3" TSB Leafs and AAL's (Toytec) Differential 1" Drop Sway Bar Relocators BHLM Mod Debadged Pro Comp 7089s Hankook Dynapro 35" M/T's Billett Grill 55 watt fog lights in grill 55 watt fog lights on Pre-Runner Light Bar Rear Bilstein 5100's Flowmaster Super 10's Yellow Fog Light Mod Titanium Burl Wood Grain Dash Mod Leather Arm Rest Mod TRD Steering wheel Mod Painted Engine Cover Painted Fuse Box TRD Seat Belt Covers Bed Light Mod Extended/Braided Brake Lines Back up light mod
    Brutal!!

6. Sep 2, 2010 at 2:58 PM
    TacoRich

TacoRich n00b

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Winchester, Ca
    Vehicle:
    White 07 Prerunner
    Throttle body spacer, K&N intake, Leer 700 tonneau cover, Dynomax catback, de-badged, bilstein shocks, airlift air bags, procomp at's 285/75/16 on stock rims with spidertrac spacers.
    And people wonder why they have the nickname, stealership. I choose the wrong line of work. I should have been a mechanic for a dealership.

7. Sep 2, 2010 at 3:00 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
  8. Sep 2, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    billas333

billas333 [OP] They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 Tacoma Sport
    Mods so far: Tube steps from toyota, Bed extender from toyota, Spare Tire lock, Sound System Makeover, Tacoma All-Weather heavy duty rubber floor mats. Rear TSB, Icon Coilovers w/ TC UCA's and 3inch rear block with rear 5100 bilstein shocks, Black Headlights, Grillcraft black grill, Devil Horns from Andres, Black Headlights, Chrome Liquid Metal Gatlins Wheels, 285/70R17 Nitto Tera Grapplers, Wet Okole Seat Covers! Seat Belt Chime Mod, Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust, Debadged tailgate, TRD Decals, HID hi/low + fogs.
    Yea I will have to take a look and the tutorial thread on the sprark plugs. They wanted 180 to do those too I said no.

Worse service ever there too. When I lived in San diego I took my truck to the Dealer down there in pacific beach a few times for oil and they would even wash my truck for me too.

My truck was pretty dirty when i dropped it off today and yup it was the same when i got it back. minus a couple gallons of gas for their "test drive" to diagnose an issue I have been having with my AC vents tweeting.

Also my passenger window motor sounds like its dying. Anyone else have this issue ? I am only at 35K

9. Sep 2, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    lefty loosy right tighty.....(sorry i had to)

10. Sep 2, 2010 at 9:13 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I don't think I'd pay them a dime to do anything on my truck.

11. Sep 2, 2010 at 9:22 PM
    a89aries

a89aries Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    London Ontario
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD offroad
    Wow! I think it cost me $160 to buy Royal Purple for my entire drivetrain! Not including the 2 beers I drank while waiting for various fluids to drain.

12. Sep 2, 2010 at 9:27 PM
    speedythecat

speedythecat Active Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2010 2WD 2.7L Base w/ extra value pkg.
    I'll tell you, and I admit I may be paranoid and overprotective of my new Tacoma.. but it weighs heavy on my mind every single day that my first oil change will be coming in a month or so and half crippled or not I just can't bare to think about their "techs" touching my baby.

I got coupons for 2 years of free service and I hate not to use them but I really don't trust that they will do a good job and the thought of them even touching my truck borders the thought of someone touching my wife other than me.

Trust me when I tell you my best friend is a service writer for Honda and the horror stories....

I hate to waste the coupons, but I might just have to. Plus I want to use Mobil1 and I haven't got sorted out what they are willing to do with that and the coupons (like maybe charge me just the difference).

i changed my oil for many years before my accident back in 1989. I know how to do it, I just don't know if my body will allow me and it's not worth making things worse for me.

But yeah, it weighs on my mind daily and while I'm sure there are some techs there with honed skills and take great care, with my luck I'd get the shop nimrod. :(

To echo what others have said, if you can change oil, you can change spark plugs.

13. Sep 2, 2010 at 9:32 PM
    taco084gb

taco084gb No matter where you go there you are.

Member:
    First Name:
    Galen
    NorCal
    You can do the spark plugs no problem. Alot of people on here will lend a hand or can talk to ya over the phone. I can even help ya as well. Im up Nor-cal if your close. If not can help ya over the phone.
    I looked into the same thing from stealership and said give me a print out of what they do. Most of it is just inspecting and no adjustments. It took me about 2 hrs to do my spark plugs and I took my time since it was my first.

Funny thing I just got a coupon to get the cabin filter changed and they wanted $40 just to change out a $5 air filter that takes me about 5 minutes. The coupon just went into the garbage.

To Top