1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Steelies??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cgs2k2, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Jan 29, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 [OP] old man

Member:
    Hey guys, I'm looking to get some inexpensive black wheels for my 06 trd offroad 4x4.

It is unlifted and i'm running 265/75r16 yokohama geolander at/s tires. GREAT tires by the way. Handle a foot of snow with absolutely no problems.

Anyway, I just want a few suggestions for 16" black steel wheels that will fit on the truck without brake caliper problems and whatnot. I dont know much about wheels so any help is appreciated!

I know procomp, cragar, and wheelers offroad have wheels, but which to go with? Any experience with these? any pictures? prices? Haha help a man out.

Thanks guys and girls!!

2. Jan 29, 2011 at 1:13 PM
    especk

especk Nothin' Special

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Reg Cab 4x4
    3" OME lift with 885 coils on nitrocharger 90000 shocks with 5mm trim packer on driver's side, TC UCAs, Rear OME Dakar leafs with nitrocharger shocks, All-pro U-bolt flip kit and 3* Toytec shims, extended rear brakelines, 16" Raceline Rockcrusher 887 wheels with 3.6" backspacking, BFG KM2 305/70/16 tires, Doug Thorley header, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Volant CAI with ram air, Weathertech floor mats, Kicker 12" sub, Kenwood 500W RMS amp, Relentless Fab front and rear bumpers, 4.88 gears, custom flatbed with swing out tire carrier
    I know that Pro Comp steelies and Black Rock steelies will not fit any 05+ Tacomas. I received emails directly from both manufacturers stating this.

3. Jan 30, 2011 at 9:31 AM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 [OP] old man

Member:
    Awesome, thanks for the info. That saves me a lot of time then.

I'll probably end up with the wheeler's though i've heard that shipping costs are pricey as well as the fact that they are really heavy.

4. Jan 30, 2011 at 9:41 AM
    KEG'sTACO

KEG'sTACO FJ Cruiser

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Auburn, AL
    Vehicle:
    '08 FJ Cruiser
    Leveled, 33" BFG A/Ts, Demello Offroad front flat-top bumper, Demello Offroad rear 3-piece bumper, 17" Liquid Metal Gatlins, Pioneer audio upgrade, custom mounted 10" subwoofer, offroad interior
    Ever think about FJ Cruiser steelies? extremely cheap and look good.

5. Jan 30, 2011 at 9:44 AM
    RainDodger

RainDodger YGWYPF

Member:
    Great Northwest
    Vehicle:
    '09 Black, TRD Sport
    None yet! It's new!
    Go to a Les Schwab dealer and check with them. I got a set of black take-off Toyota stock steelies in 17" for $49.95 per wheel. I don't know where they get them, but they're in their catalog. Says Toyota right on them. I suspect they buy them wholesale from Toyota when they take them off at the port of entry and put on alloys. I don't know about 16" wheels - whether there are Toyota 16" steelies or not, but it's worth a check.

I got the 17s for my FJ Cruiser and put the FJ alloys on my Tacoma. :) Nice, because the FJ wheels (and the steel take-offs) are almost an inch more reversed, so you get nearly a 2" wider track.

cente707 likes this.
  6. Jan 30, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 [OP] old man

Member:
    Ahh nice! Thanks for the suggestions!

I've thought about the FJ steelies forsure, I think they look good and very simple. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

But they are 17s only as far as I know and I JUST bought a set of new 16" tires, so that's a no go. I'll give that place a call and see if they have any 16" steelies that would work on the Tacoma. That would be awesome/inexpensive.

Products Discussed in

To Top