1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Steering Wheel Audio Controls - Add On?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Reznor88, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Aug 18, 2009 at 5:05 PM
    Reznor88

Reznor88 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Yuba City, CA
    Vehicle:
    '06 PreRunner DC Off Road
    Satoshi Grille, DNX5120
    Did a bit of searching and didn't come up with much so hopefully someone out there can help. I'm trying to find out if steering wheel audio controls can be added onto a steering wheel that doesn't have them.

Turns out a major problem with a touch screen head unit is you can't feel around for the button you need, you have to take your eyes of the road, I'd like to avoid that as much as possible.

I found someone on eBay selling a set of the controls but I don't know if they would simply attach to my current wheel somehow or not. I'm sure the entire steering wheel could be swapped out but that's a bit pricey and not really in my budget at this time.

2. Aug 18, 2009 at 5:29 PM
    uood8

uood8 If You Search...You Shall Find.

Member:
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '16 Sr5 4x4 DCSB
    Pretty much stock
    im sure it can be done, someone on clubfrontier did it on their frontier and had to buy a new clockspring i believe but the wiring was there....probably the same deal with tacomas. you'll be the first to do it as far as i know, you'll have to study the fsm wiring guide and just trace everything down. if the factory put it in then you can too if your determined enough.

3. Aug 18, 2009 at 5:33 PM
    LBtaco

LBtaco Thread killer

Member:
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    15 Nissan Leaf
    Jetsons mod
    theres one out there that clips onto your wiper handle. I cant seem to find it, but it just adds another inch or 2 to your wiper or cruise control lever.
    has presets up n down, volume... not much else.. im thinkin it was a sony product..:D gl

To Top