1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Steering wheel play/ road wandering

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by PacoTheTacoMan, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Aug 27, 2010 at 7:43 AM
    PacoTheTacoMan

PacoTheTacoMan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Weathertechs, personally fabricated tailgate lock, tint, extra D rings, Exactfit seatcovers, re-enforcing the tailgate and adding a leaf next week.
    Let me start by saying that I have a 2010 reg cab manual 2wd. I have had it close to a year, and have noticed that I fight the wheel ever since I've owned it. Going down a smooth road at 55-60 mph, I am constantly correcting the wheel slightly. Alignment is good (haven't had it checked by professionals, but it tracks very well), tires are good with no bumps and at proper inflation. Tires are the Dunlops, BTW. I searched the forums, and have read of others having this issue, but haven't found any resolutions. Has anyone found a TSB that corrected this? I called Toyota, and the rep didn't know anything, but did get me hooked up with a case number for the leaf spring TSB. I would like to get all of this stuff done at one time. Thanks for any help.

2. Aug 27, 2010 at 8:01 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Take the truck back to the dealer and have them check the allignment - under warrantee.

If the allignment is within spec - then tell them to FIX THE PROBLEM.

It's under warrantee...... get them to fix it!

3. Aug 27, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    stump jumper

stump jumper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra 4x4 CM TSS
    I think the Tacomas are very sensitive to changes in the pavement. My 2009 drives perfect on some roads and on others the steering wheel shakes like I have a bad tire or something. I hope that doing the TSB for the rear springs helps. My truck seems light in the front because it gets loose when I get in the draft of a big rig.

4. Aug 27, 2010 at 10:28 AM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:
    There is a steering TSB... dont have the number handy, do a search and you will find it.

5. Aug 27, 2010 at 10:54 AM
    PacoTheTacoMan

PacoTheTacoMan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Weathertechs, personally fabricated tailgate lock, tint, extra D rings, Exactfit seatcovers, re-enforcing the tailgate and adding a leaf next week.
    Thanks, everyone, for the input.

Products Discussed in

To Top