1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Steering wheel shaking and vibration

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacoma guy, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Aug 22, 2010 at 2:33 PM
    tacoma guy

tacoma guy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix Az.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
    Bilstein 5100's set @ 0 with OME 883x coils up front . Alcon leaf springs. A.R.E. Shell. Viper Alarm. Wet Okole seat covers. WeatherTech Floor liners front and back. Oem Toyota chrome exhaust tip.
    There have ben many threads about steering wheel shaking and vibration at around 45MPH to 70 MPH. I myself have had this problem.For some time. I have had my tires balanced many of times with no success. Well I am here to tell you guys that it is a diffinate tire balance issue. I just had my tires rebalanced from another tire shop.This guy took his time would not give up until it was right. It took him about an hour and a half. After driving it around for a day. It is as smoth as glass. No more shaking of the steering wheel. Man that is a great feeling. I am running BFGs AT. 31x10.50R15.:)

2. Aug 22, 2010 at 2:55 PM
    isu2014

isu2014 RAT Products

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    01 SUPERCHARGED TRD OR MANUAL 4x4 V6
    View the build. Too much to list.
    Awesome dude. I had the same issue after I got a set of Goodyears. Took 4 balances. But the manager that did it did everything in his power to get it right. Now it's like driving a giant pillow.

3. Aug 22, 2010 at 6:32 PM
    97_tacoma

97_tacoma Member

Member:
    I also had a lot of trouble getting my tires balanced. Had to take it back 3 times to get rebalanced and it still wasn't right. Then I found a tsb online about a tire balancer adapter for 5 and 6 lug Toyota wheels. The Haweka adapter made a huge improvement in the balancing of my tires.

http://www.ih8mud.com/tech/tsb/ToyotaLandCruiser/tsu00296.pdf

4. Aug 22, 2010 at 7:57 PM
    tacoma guy

tacoma guy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix Az.
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Prerunner TRD
    Bilstein 5100's set @ 0 with OME 883x coils up front . Alcon leaf springs. A.R.E. Shell. Viper Alarm. Wet Okole seat covers. WeatherTech Floor liners front and back. Oem Toyota chrome exhaust tip.
    Ya, I have heard of it. But local tire shops here in Phoenix Az have not. At least not the once I called. ( discount tire, goodyear ect.) Glad to hear thay got your right.

To Top