1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Steering wheel tilts & telescopes!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by slackdaddy2001, May 2, 2008.

1. May 2, 2008 at 6:57 PM
    erock

erock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boise
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR Tint Window, Magna Flow 2.5 Catback, TRD CAI, 3" Revtek and TSB, 33" Toyo MTs
    Cig Lighter Will tackle the Rear Locker Always On soon
    I think so. whatever it's called; it's above the fuse panel and is a little pop out tray that I use to hold all of the subway cards and punch cards to various places. Handy :)

Can't remember when i discovered the telescoping steering wheel... I think it was well after the dealership though. I'm tall so I have the seat back and the steering wheel in anyway but it's a nice touch.

2. May 2, 2008 at 7:00 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    Damn.... i misread the thread title....... "Steering wheel TITS"......i guess i'm spending too much time "reading" the missileman thread :D

3. May 2, 2008 at 9:59 PM
    lawnrevenge

lawnrevenge Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    08 regular cab 5-lug, automatic
    Do you guy never frive you truck? This was one of the many selling points that brought me back to Toyota. I was considering a Dakota, until I test drove one and realized how gutless their v6 is (my I4 Taco is faster) and couldn't stand the steering wheel being so low, an adjustable steering wheel is a pricey option for them...

4. May 3, 2008 at 10:56 AM
    ChrisDeSoup

ChrisDeSoup Come on, Touch it......

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner Sport
    Seatbelt Ding Mod All Weather Mats Gate Lock MOD Rear Spring TSB

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5. May 3, 2008 at 3:33 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    That would ensure you keep both hands on the wheel at all times!! :D

6. May 3, 2008 at 6:39 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Something I always wanted on my '99.

7. May 4, 2008 at 3:06 AM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North East AL
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion WMW roof rack
    Wow thanx guys! I tried this yesterday morning before I went to work. And at work I told my friend about it, he didn't believe me till he got to his truck. He kept on telling me your truck might do it, but mine dont. I just LOLed at him. He was an 07 prerunner with the xsp package.

8. May 4, 2008 at 6:30 AM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    :D:D:D:D:D Good one Ed.

9. May 4, 2008 at 7:30 AM
    45longcolt

45longcolt Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road
    Now I don't feel so bad for driving around in 4th for a month and not "D" for drive! I found that wheel release right off the bat at the dealership as the wheel was set wrong for me so I went looking. Still, that release is NOT in a convienent place to get to and this fact has turned some away from the Tacoma. A coworker is a very tall and big person and the wheel being in the "drive" position kept him from getting in and out of the truck easily. A handle release on the column would be much more easier to get to.

10. May 4, 2008 at 3:00 PM
    Finsterino

Finsterino Active Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD
    I think the adjustments are kinda wimpy. I end up sliding the seat forward to get comfortable - which is a pain when getting out!

My Silverado had fully adjustable electric seats - I was surprised to see the manuals on the taco.

Dave

11. May 4, 2008 at 3:43 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    I opened that big boxy looking thing (drop down door) in the dash next to the right hand door. Damned if I didn't find a book in there. I got curious and opened that book and would you know it ... it had all sorts of pictures, and tables, and diagrams, and charts, well ... all sorts of stuff. On the cover it said .... "Owner"s Manual"

Well, I called the dealer and said, "What the hell is this? You didn't tell me about this when I bought the truck!"

Sorry, couldn't resist. :wink:

12. May 4, 2008 at 4:35 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    It's a man thing. Directions? What the hell you talking about.:rolleyes:

13. May 4, 2008 at 6:00 PM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    Are you saying that it is a man thing not to know what options are on the truck? I would think ya'll would want to see "what bang you're getting for your money."

Well ... here in Virginia we can read. My ex moved back to Texas ... go figure. ;)

14. May 4, 2008 at 7:19 PM
    4x4x4trd

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    Back in TX where we don't ask directions and are always fixin stuff.;)

Products Discussed in

To Top