1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stereo toast. . . Bluetooth OK?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Chickensofttaco, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Sep 7, 2010 at 6:33 PM
    Chickensofttaco

Chickensofttaco [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Anaheim
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD Sport
    So today I get into my truck to go to work and I have no stereo. Everything looks like it's working (can change channels, CD's load, etc.) but I get no sound whatsoever and the volume won't adjust. However the Bluetooth works just fine, including being able to adjust the volume. It all worked fine on friday. Strange. 2010 JBL system by the way.

2. Sep 7, 2010 at 6:43 PM
    Chickensofttaco

Chickensofttaco [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Anaheim
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD Sport
    Definately. I was waiting to see if it was just having a bad day and had corrected itself this afternoon, but no go. So tomorrow I'll make an appointment. I was thinking maybe something just came unplugged, but the amp could be toast. Makes sense seeing as the Bluetooth still works.

3. Sep 7, 2010 at 8:33 PM
    Endurozw

Endurozw War Damn Eagle!

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC SR5 w/ tow package
    Fold-a-cover G4 - Wranger Duratrac 265/75/16 Audio Upgrades: Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD / JL Audio HD600/4 amp / Hybrid Audio 6.5 Clarus up front / Arc Audio 10 in subwoofer
    I gave up on my stock stereo (nonJBL)....volume knob would die every two weeks or so and the screen died on most hot / cold days but seems fine in mid temperatures? odd but who knows. That being said your dealer can order you another one....I just bought an aftermarket radio but since it'll still be under warranty I doubt they'll hassle you.

4. Sep 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM
    krans

krans Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    Huntington beach/ West min duh
    Vehicle:
    09 Sport mall crawler
    Icon extended travel with resi front and rear,Camburg UCA, All pro standard leaf pack, Fogs anytime, General grabbers AT2,Custom stainless steel brake lines,bed box, Bestop soft top,50' light bar, amber rigid pods,CBI ditch mounts with LED pods,TRD intake,Anti dark hoodlights/rock light/LED whip,FX-R retros and Gibson catback..more mods to come
    My 09 with the JBL/Bluetooth package did the same thing occasionally on hot/warm days the display would go blank and the controls on the actual unit didn't work but the ones on the steering wheel did. So i figured its just a radio and i really dont need it so i punched it kinda hard and its been fine since this was when i had about 5k miles.

5. Sep 8, 2010 at 1:26 PM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    The 2010 Stereo has a known problem with the volume. Take it to the dealer, they will replace the stereo.

Products Discussed in

To Top