1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Steve Jobs is almost dead???

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tx_shooter, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Feb 17, 2011 at 10:17 PM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    no offense OP...I think your question is legit, but I sincerely doubt the veracity of the article.

2. Feb 17, 2011 at 10:53 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    Yeah I don't trust the National Enquirer's details. But there's no doubt Jobs is in trouble. Wouldn't be surprised to hear of his passing. I would be surprised to see him come back for any extended period. Pancreatic cancer generally isn't something you beat. It's something you battle. And the life expectancy is not good. And if he's rejecting his new liver, chances are there won't be a second one.

3. Feb 17, 2011 at 11:34 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    Jobs did retire to help lengthen his life and die in peace.
    I don't know specifics, but a guy of his age with a liver transplant probably doesn't have a long time to begin with... never mind complications. Organ transplant isn't a "good as new" scenario.

4. Feb 17, 2011 at 11:42 PM
    darkgreentaco

darkgreentaco XXXL Member

Member:
    NorCaL
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Rocket
    King RR C/O's, Extra mustard, All-Pro expdtn Leaf, sesame seed bun, Icon UCA's Fox Resi's BAMFsliders, sweet candy coating, LCAskids, diffcover 17" Addicts Yukon 4.56 Mt/r kevlar
    his ashes are going to be put into ipads.

5. Feb 17, 2011 at 11:42 PM
    Rakso

Rakso CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    LSK LT in Progress, custom bed cage, DMZ SUA kit with 2.5 kings triple bypass, kings bump stops, baja bumper, rear custom tube bumper, glass all around, Weather Tech Liners, wet okole seat covers, Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap, hood LEDs, bed LEDs, etc etc etc
    What the hell for??? :confused: :D :cool:

6. Feb 17, 2011 at 11:48 PM
    darkgreentaco

darkgreentaco XXXL Member

Member:
    NorCaL
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Rocket
    King RR C/O's, Extra mustard, All-Pro expdtn Leaf, sesame seed bun, Icon UCA's Fox Resi's BAMFsliders, sweet candy coating, LCAskids, diffcover 17" Addicts Yukon 4.56 Mt/r kevlar
    a limited edition ipad that has the rainbow apple color and .25g of his ashes melted into the molds...:)

7. Feb 17, 2011 at 11:52 PM
    Rakso

Rakso CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    LSK LT in Progress, custom bed cage, DMZ SUA kit with 2.5 kings triple bypass, kings bump stops, baja bumper, rear custom tube bumper, glass all around, Weather Tech Liners, wet okole seat covers, Cluster LED Swap, HU LED Swap, hood LEDs, bed LEDs, etc etc etc
    LOL

8. Feb 18, 2011 at 4:35 AM
    tx_shooter

tx_shooter [OP] This place is a cesspool of bfo and spacer lifts

Member:
    Very true that it is just the National Enuirer - but sadly the tabloids have broke more news than most of the "news" agencies lately. Also, between Jobs and Apple they have been very tight lipped about any deeper reason for the current leave of absence. The last time he went on a leave of absence was for serious health reasons and it was handled exactly like the current one.

As for Apple's reputation, I generally didn't have anything against their products. What I didn't like was Steve Jobs telling me what I did and didn't need on my device. They took a lot of heat for approving apps, selling the app, and then pulling the app for morality reasons. I'm a full grown adult; I haven't needed someone to tell me what is or isn't moral since I was a kid. Besides, I haven't had the money to be cool enough to own a Mac. :D

9. Feb 18, 2011 at 4:44 AM
    NoMallCrawlTaco

NoMallCrawlTaco © "HELL FUCK YEAH!" © COPYRIGHT FOR MY PROTECTION!

Member:
    Arizona
    4" Camburgs Icon AAL 3 Pac BLHM Tacoshi Grill More to come...

What stigma?

10. Feb 18, 2011 at 5:01 AM
    bailerc

bailerc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    16' MGM Limited
    You guys don't remember all of the rumors about how microsoft owns 99% of apple, and how microsoft helped design the ipod so that apple wouldnt go under and had the resources to keep is OS running strong so microsoft wasn't a monopoly

11. Feb 18, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    Rakso

Rakso CeRaTi

Member:
    First Name:
    OsKaR
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    All I know is that Microsoft sucks ass. Maybe not in networking systems, but in everything else it does. Personal opinion, don't get all crazy.

12. Feb 18, 2011 at 8:45 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    As I type this post on my iPad... :rolleyes:

13. Feb 18, 2011 at 10:03 PM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    Now who's reading the inquirer.

There was a big trial and there was some money bolstering...but no.. 99% of apple.. ipod? no.

14. Feb 19, 2011 at 6:10 AM
    tx_shooter

tx_shooter [OP] This place is a cesspool of bfo and spacer lifts

Member:
    Microsoft sucks ass? While I'm not a fanboy - I do realize that they have done something 90% of the companies out there haven't. They developed a platform that will run on almost any PC. That would be like Holly carbs designing one carb to run on 90% of the motors out there.

I'm not sure what you meant by "Maybe not in networking systems"; unless your referring to domains. In the domain world, while MS is popular, I think Novell is better for overall managament.

I'm not sure if Apple would ever recover from loosing Steve Jobs. Since the Droid line of phones and the oncoming Droid laptop is taking a chunk out of Apple's market; I have to wonder what their next earth shaking device will be? The iPhone 5... I doubt it. While I would hate to see them become the next Research in Motion (Blackberry), I don't think the market will support their prices for long if they don't stay current.

15. Feb 19, 2011 at 6:14 AM
    Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    :rolleyes: thanks for proving my point about apple fans. I never was doubting apple's success...

16. Feb 19, 2011 at 6:49 AM
    RugbyTaco

RugbyTaco Rhum.

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Sleepy Hollow
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport Magnetic Gray
    Wet Okoles, Weathertechs, AFE Pro Dry, Wicked Flow 13", URD MAF, MagLite Mount, 16x8 Procomp 8069, 265/75/16 GY Duratracs, Rear Leaf TSB,AAL, OME 9000s, 884s, S2000 stubby antenna, Leer XR100

All of todays media even check out lane crap, need to be very careful about what they print. If the stories are in anyway untrue, slanderous, or cast a fasle negative portrayal about someone or something, they would be sued with such speed NASA would notice. So unfortunately for Mr. Jobs this article must have some credibility.

PS I hate apple.....except for my ipod

17. Feb 19, 2011 at 7:34 AM
    TTGuy711

TTGuy711 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    21 DCSB OR
    If you hate Apple why'd you get an ipod?

18. Feb 19, 2011 at 7:52 AM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    im sure his health is in a rough state, but im not believing anything i read in the national enquirer. . . second, even if he kicks it, apple will not crash or anything like that. it may dip a little but look at its stock in the current market. in these economic times apple is one of only a very few that has done nothing but climb. the fact of the matter is everyone will keep buying ipods. and further more, im in college and im not getting rid of my PC anytime soon, but every week i know or know of someone who's PC gets stolen, broken, crashed or whatever. and most of them are getting replaced with Macs. despite the fact that theyre expensive and a pain in the ass when you realize there's no right click, theyre actually damn good computers.

19. Feb 19, 2011 at 8:10 AM
    RugbyTaco

RugbyTaco Rhum.

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Sleepy Hollow
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Sport Magnetic Gray
    Wet Okoles, Weathertechs, AFE Pro Dry, Wicked Flow 13", URD MAF, MagLite Mount, 16x8 Procomp 8069, 265/75/16 GY Duratracs, Rear Leaf TSB,AAL, OME 9000s, 884s, S2000 stubby antenna, Leer XR100
    What choice did i really have? My driod has limited capacity plus its my phone. Besides its their computers and hipster apple genius tech people i can't stand

20. Feb 19, 2011 at 8:16 AM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    I know a lot of Apple fans like this. It's annoying. Not all of them, but definitely a lot are like this. A lot of which puts me off to their products. People always seem shocked when you tell them you don't want an iphone. At any rate, despite my opinion on their products, hopefully this report is false. Never want to hear anyone is on their last leg. Although pancreatic cancer typically doesn't end well.
    Only reason I ever originally got an ipod was because at the time that was what was widely supported by aftermarket headunits and I wanted something that I could control directly. Now many more are supporting other formats and USB devices so I probably won't buy another ipod if I need to replace mine.

Products Discussed in

To Top