1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

stimulis check vs turbo tax

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by pat's taco, May 14, 2008.

1. May 14, 2008 at 9:56 AM
    pat's taco

pat's taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X DC
    Weathertech, ECG Fabrication retro grille, K&N intake, Magna flow dual, UWS low profile toolbox, NFAB & 30" light bar bumper, Spidertrax. 1.25, Mob Amour, XSP-X package
    i just found this out, i figure i would spread the word. according to the IRS if you use turbo tax or any other online company to do your taxes, you won't recieve your money via direct deposit ( even though you got your return direct deposited). also you won't get it according to the time chart , supposedly june will be the month ( that what the lady told me)and you should recieve a paper check ... the only reason i looked into this is because i use turbotax and have not yet recieved my money:( . as so a few of my friends haven't got anything either. anyway just thought i would pass that along ............. i'm going to go look at the missleman thread now for some morale .....

2. May 14, 2008 at 11:07 AM
    ForeRunner

ForeRunner Scotch before noon. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Drunken Sailor
    Somewhere between Maine and Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Subaru WRX STI Limited (no wing)
    Extra PSI
    And the bullshit flag goes up.. I use Turbotax and had mine direct deposited on May 1st. It is based off of your last 2 number in your social security number. Mine happens to be 0X so I was one of the first to go out. If you used Turbotax and opted to have your refund (if you got one) direct deposited then you stimulus money will be direct deposited. If you opted to have you refund mailed to you then your stimulus plan money will be mailed to you at the time prescribed.

3. May 14, 2008 at 11:19 AM
    Rtrn2taco

Rtrn2taco Nostalgia...

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner (silver)
    x2

I used turbo tax and received my check via direct deposit on the 9th.

4. May 14, 2008 at 11:28 AM
    Cburt

Cburt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4, White
    None currently,
    The local news story last night, that they are sending the checks to the wrong addresses, a major Fu^& up.
    The I.R.S is looking into the problem. LOL

5. May 14, 2008 at 11:32 AM
    jhodge83

jhodge83 Any dog under 50# is a cat and cats are useless... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Moncks Corner, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 Timberland Mica DC 4WD Sport
    wat?
    exact ditto for me

6. May 14, 2008 at 11:41 AM
    klown

klown Tacoma World Ring Leader

Member:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD sport 4x4 double cab 6-speed
    Black, leather and heated seats, borla sport exhaust, side curtain airbags, daytime running lights, all weather mats, JBL premium 6 disk changer system, stainless step tubes, window tint, tow package
    Yeah I used turbo tax and had it direct deposited. Mine got to me 3 days quicker then promised. The guy that told you this is a f**king liar, don't trust him for $hit, keep your wife away from this guy, he'll go honey dipping. Yours must just be running late. It'll get to you at the speed of the government.

7. May 14, 2008 at 11:47 AM
    death valley fan

death valley fan National Champions

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Louisiana
    2007 TRD OFF-ROAD
    Turbo Tax user and got my check on the 9th

8. May 14, 2008 at 11:50 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    I used H&R Block online and mine went in direct deposit.

9. May 14, 2008 at 11:55 AM
    pat's taco

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X DC
    Weathertech, ECG Fabrication retro grille, K&N intake, Magna flow dual, UWS low profile toolbox, NFAB & 30" light bar bumper, Spidertrax. 1.25, Mob Amour, XSP-X package
    i've found a article and a forum discussing the samething i was told though ....

10. May 14, 2008 at 12:13 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    LED interior lights, stubby antenna, Pioneer in dash screen, good driver mod.
    this is just stupid and should be taken off...

11. May 14, 2008 at 12:13 PM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    I've used TurboTax for about 15 years now but I'm probably going to find something else. It used to be a good deal because E filing was free. Then they started letting you file one free return and charging a small fee for any extra returns E filed. Then the fees went up. Now to E file ANY return costs anout $18 on top of the 50 bucks for the program so I printed and snail mailed the two returns which saved my wife and I enough to go out to eat.

Now that I've vented.... Even mailing the forms on 4/14 our refunds were deposited within 3 weeks and we both received the rebates exactly on schedule

12. May 14, 2008 at 12:18 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i dont know what the deal is but i want my freaking money i didnt earn!!!

13. May 14, 2008 at 12:19 PM
    pat's taco

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X DC
    no dumbass , your stupid and you should be taken off the planet ...... if you opted to use santa barbara bank and trust to pay your fees then you should get a paper check... yes i had mine direct deposited , but i have not gotten my stimulus refund , neither has my wife and a few other people we know .. go look it up asshole

14. May 14, 2008 at 12:33 PM
    klown

Member:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    Black, leather and heated seats, borla sport exhaust, side curtain airbags, daytime running lights, all weather mats, JBL premium 6 disk changer system, stainless step tubes, window tint, tow package
    What's stupid? I don't understand, explain specifically what you think is stupid? That the money isn't being delivered on time? Or that we shouldn't talk about this in an off topic section of a truck forum?

15. May 14, 2008 at 12:40 PM
    pat's taco

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X DC
    klown , he doesn't know. he's the type of person who probably just runs his mouth about what ever. i have found articles and many forums discussing the samething. is it true? i'm not 100% sure.i'm just going off of what i have read today and the fact i haven't recieved mine.as for the articles and stuff i found them all on google .............

16. May 14, 2008 at 12:51 PM
    klown

Member:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    Hey man, I feel for you. I know what it feels like to not get paid. I'm sure you will get it soon. What's the last 2 digits of your social security #? That's what the schedule is based on.

17. May 14, 2008 at 12:56 PM
    pat's taco

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X DC

6# ............ so was the wifes ..... i'm not worried about money . i don't need it. i just thought i was passing on some useful info thats all. i was just going to buy a new lawnmower with it.....

18. May 14, 2008 at 1:02 PM
    j4x4ar3

j4x4ar3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 DC 4x4 - TRD Off Road - White
    Round Step Bars, Bed Mat, Cargo Bars w/Thules ski and bike attachments, JVC MP3 Head Unit, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, roadmaster active rear suspension, more when $$$ allows
    I used TurboTax and have for the last 6 years. Always the same bank account and always direct deposit.

HOWEVER .. I did NOT get my simulus check via direct deposit and it came paper a week late. My SS ends in 04 so I should have been in the first group for direct depost.

There is a difference between E-File directly with the government and TurboTax which uses a third party service company to process and deposit your $$$. The goverment also did say that E-File people would get direct deposit and others would get a paper check. Who knows why everyone has had different experiences. Heck just be thankfull that you get your $$$ and that the rumor of it being an advance on next years taxes was just a rumor. Don't have to claim it next year on any tax forms. :)

19. May 14, 2008 at 1:18 PM
    pat's taco

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X DC

thank you! finally someone knows what the hell i'm talking about !:)

20. May 14, 2008 at 6:56 PM
    j4x4ar3

j4x4ar3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 DC 4x4 - TRD Off Road - White
    Round Step Bars, Bed Mat, Cargo Bars w/Thules ski and bike attachments, JVC MP3 Head Unit, TRD Cat Back Exhaust, roadmaster active rear suspension, more when $$$ allows
    Hey Pat here's the real story as broadcast on our local news tonight.

Those that used TurboTax and paid the filing fee out of their refund actually had the third party deduct the fee then the third party was the one that pulled their fee and did the direct deposit. The government didn't actually do the direct deposit.

Those that paid the filing fee though with a credit card actually bypassed the third party for the refund and the government did the direct deposit to your bank account.

Option #1 is what I used which is why I got a check. Option #1 invokes the third party Santa Barbara Bank. They handle all the transactions and the government handles it as a transaction between them an the third party.. not between you and the government.

Option #2 is virtually the same as doing an e-file directly to the government. So the direct deposit comes from the government. The transactions are strictly between you and the government.

If you choose Option #1 you'll get a check!!

To Top