1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock 2.7l Air Box Help

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by ecman06, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Aug 1, 2012 at 8:56 PM
    ecman06

ecman06 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Madison
    hey folks,
    just picked up a 05 2.7.
    I dropped in a stock replacement AFE filter today, and noticed there were only two clips holding the top of my air box down. It seems like there should be more than that -
    Here is what i have - two clips on the front, one hing-thing on the outboard rear corner, and nothing on the inboard rear corner. Feels like maybe that 4th corner was broken off or something...

I cant seem to find any diagrams that give enough detail to know if i am missing something.

Am i missing a clip or hing on that last corner?

Much appreciated!

2. Aug 1, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    On the V6 there are 2 clips and 2 "feet." The 4 banger may be the same way.

3. Aug 1, 2012 at 8:59 PM
    MightyMouse-SCT

MightyMouse-SCT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gabriel
    O'SIDE CA
    Vehicle:
    MightyMouse-SCT - 2011 LT 4x4 Desert Runner
    Long Travel Total chaos kit, fox shocks, smp fab , dmz sua, glassworks, method wheels.
    Yep 2 clips and 2 feet . Make sure you get the feet in correctly .

4. Aug 1, 2012 at 9:01 PM
    ecman06

ecman06 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Madison
    so there are two feet on the back of the air box? dammit... sounds like i am missing one.

5. Aug 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans displaced viking living in New Hampshire

Member:
    First Name:
    hans
    THE LIVE FREE OR DIE STATE
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma reg cab 4x4 5spd 4cyl
    undercover se, pop&lock tailgate, rallye 1000 hela black magic lights, black grill craft grill lower. twm m1 abrams shift knob, ap ubolt flip kit & ifs high clearance skid , timbren bumpstops, pro comp 3 inch lift, goodrich ss braklines front and rear, lr uca's, customlightz.com fx-r 55 watt retrofit, ARB deluxe bull bar, vision-x solstice pods, black wet okole seat cover,weather tech digital floor mats window visors toyota hood guard, safari snorkel, full bed rug, full putco led swap hd led flasher cf18-08, pioneer bluetooth ipod navigation double din headunit, flowmaster 40 muffler custom center outlet exhaust, regear and arb lockers, arb rear bumper if they ever fucking release one lol and arb sliders coming soon as well as a new line-xtra paint job!
    they are part of the lid and thus you have to angle the lid downward and to the rear to seat the feat properly then just do the little clips up front and you should be good to go.

6. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:26 AM
    ecman06

ecman06 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Madison
    ok thanks guys. That would mean i have a broken foot on the air box.

Any one have a stock air box for sale!?!
    2nd Gen 2.7L.

7. Aug 2, 2012 at 9:16 AM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans displaced viking living in New Hampshire

Member:
    First Name:
    hans
    THE LIVE FREE OR DIE STATE
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma reg cab 4x4 5spd 4cyl
    undercover se, pop&lock tailgate, rallye 1000 hela black magic lights, black grill craft grill lower. twm m1 abrams shift knob, ap ubolt flip kit & ifs high clearance skid , timbren bumpstops, pro comp 3 inch lift, goodrich ss braklines front and rear, lr uca's, customlightz.com fx-r 55 watt retrofit, ARB deluxe bull bar, vision-x solstice pods, black wet okole seat cover,weather tech digital floor mats window visors toyota hood guard, safari snorkel, full bed rug, full putco led swap hd led flasher cf18-08, pioneer bluetooth ipod navigation double din headunit, flowmaster 40 muffler custom center outlet exhaust, regear and arb lockers, arb rear bumper if they ever fucking release one lol and arb sliders coming soon as well as a new line-xtra paint job!
    take a picture of the back side of your air box and post it up so we can see.

i have taken mine off a few times to make sure the snorkel isn't sucking in crap and i can't imagine breaking off the feet on the back side of lid.

8. Aug 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM
    ecman06

ecman06 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Madison
    fixed it!
    yep, the rear foot nearest the engine was broke. so, just filed a flat spot on the top of the busted foot and on the bottom and ziptied it closed! oh zipties.

anyway, thanks for the help guys.
    e

To Top