1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock 2013 HU upgrade to 2013 JBL/Nav/XM HU???

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by FawkQ, Jun 26, 2013.

1. FawkQ

FawkQ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCSB V6 4.0 6M "The Sequel"
    2013 TRD Sport DCSB V6 4.0 6M "The Sequel" = TRD Trail Team 16" Rims wrapped in Duratracs, BHLM, Durped Badges, N-Fab Wheel to Wheel Steps Sprayed w/boxliner, ProEFX Heated Tow Mirrors, BakFlip2 HD, AFE Pro Dry S, Bi-Xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit D2S, Weathertech Visors, Custom Perforated Leather, Tekonsha P3, Ultragauge, Rearview Mirror Toggle Switch, Murdered Out. 2008 TRD Sport DCSB V6 4.0 6M "The Darkness" = BHLM, BTLM, Heated Seats, Highlander Style Heated Mirrors, 4Runner Style Bluetooth Steering Wheel, Viper 2-Way Remote Start + Alarm, 7" Pioneer Nav, Murdered Out.
    long long time TW follower... first time poster...

Does anyone know if the 2013's with the stock HU can be upgraded to the 2013 JBL/Nav/XM (which ever you prefer to call it) HU with just simple plug and play?

I understand you'd have to install both the XM and GPS AE's, but I just need to know if the harnesses are physically there in those non-Nav Tacoma's to install a factory Nav HU?

Or even if someone who has removed their Nav HU, could you post a pic of the backside of that unit? That'll answer my question as well...

it would be for a 2013 DC TRD Sport + Leather Package (Canadian) if that means anything...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  2. Lancejoker

Lancejoker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lance
    Delmar,Md
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD OR
    Hope someone finds out the answer to this. I would be quite interested as well

3. JohnWJ

JohnWJ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4 access cab
    short answer NO you can not I have email Toyota and they said that it can not be done

4. MaxQ

MaxQ Active Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    '13 PreRunner SR5 4x2 with exaust tip.
    I read somewhere that it is basically the same radio. Only the way it's programmed. But, not sure if it's true or not. Makes sense though.

5. FawkQ

FawkQ [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCSB V6 4.0 6M "The Sequel"
    2013 TRD Sport DCSB V6 4.0 6M "The Sequel" = TRD Trail Team 16" Rims wrapped in Duratracs, BHLM, Durped Badges, N-Fab Wheel to Wheel Steps Sprayed w/boxliner, ProEFX Heated Tow Mirrors, BakFlip2 HD, AFE Pro Dry S, Bi-Xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit D2S, Weathertech Visors, Custom Perforated Leather, Tekonsha P3, Ultragauge, Rearview Mirror Toggle Switch, Murdered Out. 2008 TRD Sport DCSB V6 4.0 6M "The Darkness" = BHLM, BTLM, Heated Seats, Highlander Style Heated Mirrors, 4Runner Style Bluetooth Steering Wheel, Viper 2-Way Remote Start + Alarm, 7" Pioneer Nav, Murdered Out.
To Top