1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock Supension Measurement 2nd Gen.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by nvdeserted, Nov 6, 2010.

1. nvdeserted

nvdeserted [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Stock/unmodified-suspension 2nd gen Tacoma owners, please post your suspension measurements and year/mileage of your truck. Please measure from the center of your wheel, straight up to the bottom edge of your fender; preferably at all 4 corners. Also list if you have any heavy accessories: winch, full tool-box, etc. Most likely your drivers front will be the shortes measurement: Taco lean.

Since most of us seem to lift our rigs without first measurnig the stock height we end up not knowing exactly how much our lift gave us. We can go to the dealer and measure a new one, but those springs haven't necessarily settled yet and could make for ann innacurate comparison.

The reason I ask for the year/mileage is so we can account for settling of springs. This could also be useful for stock-Taco-owners with higher mileages to determine if it's time for new springs.

Ultimately, after we get a bunch on here I will find the average stock ride height and we can just start using that as a refrence for our lift height.

I'm guessing the stock height is between 20" and 21" in front and 22-23 in the rear, but let's find out.

Like this example:

2005, 100k miles, winch on front
    DF20" PF20"
    DR22" PR22"

Thanks in advance to those willing to participate.

2. ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    I would love to but my measurements are crap. I would love to have some accurate ones though.

3. bigmooze

bigmooze Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Belle River, ON
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 access cab SR5
    Bilstein 5100's all round (0" up front with stock springs), 265/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, K&N 63 Series Aircharger Kit, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler, Delta Champion Toolbox, fog lights, back-up lights, Sirius satellite radio with PA15-TOY, Midland 1001z CB radio with 2' Firestik II antenna, Weathertech floor mats, AVS sill protectors, Marathon SuperHides Seatcovers (Universal Digital Camo), trimmed front mud flaps, Viair 20005 OBA, Warn W650D driving lights and W650F fog lights on N-Fab light bar, Hi-Lift X-treme jack with off road accessories, TracRac "TracONE" system
    Here are my numbers:

DF: 35.125" PF: 35.5"
    DR: 37" PR: 37.25"

Edit to add the following:

DF: 20.5" PF: 20.5"
    DR: 21.625" PR: 21.75"

Couple of notes:

- Gas tank is almost full.
    - Toolbox is heavier on driver side, probably 70 lb.
    - Shocks are 5100's all around. Fronts set to 0" lift using stick coils.
    - I have factory-installed AAL with overload leaf (3 leaves + overload leaf).
    - Truck has 81880 km on it.

4. Fabulous

Fabulous Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fabian
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma double-cab TRD Sport
    Homertaco grill, Light Racing UCA's, 2.8" front lift (5100's at 0.85 setting and Eibach springs) 2" AAL with rear 5100's, Wet Okole seat covers fr/ bk. 17 x 9 Incubus Crusher wheels w/ 4.5" backspacing. 30% tinted front windows.
    All's I have is from the ground through the hub to the weel arch. Front was 34 3/4" on drivers side, 35" on the passenger side. Back was 37" for both.

5. nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Good so far, thanks guys!

Just to make this a bit easier, if you can measure from the center of the hub up to the fender-edge it helps to cut out variables like: tire size, tread wear, and tire-psi.

Great start, thanks

6. nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Bump. c'mon, I know you just had your 2nd turkey sandwich and need an excuse to dip out on the family for a min. Let s get a few more measurements.

7. SadManGrin

SadManGrin Active Member

Member:
    46 miles on the odometer
    stock, no TSB
    empty cabin, empty bed
    full tank of gas

Driver Front 20'' Passenger Front 20''
    Driver Rear 21 3/4'' Passenger Front 22''

I took measurements from the center of the centercaps to the bottom edge/bend of the fender three times.
    I'm not sure how much it'll settle or break in; if it does, I'll find out.
    One of these days I'll get around to a spindle lift with 285s, but for now, stock height is good.
    Regards.
    [​IMG]

8. OZ-T

OZ-T All of those moments....will be lost.....in time

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    NVD ,

Front driver's 20 "
    Front passenger's 20 1/2"
    Rear driver's 21 1/2"
    Rear passenger's 21 1/2"

38 000 kms
    1/4 tank of fuel

Note : I have the 4 leaf ( TSB ) rear , but they have settled due to carrying a heavy toolbox and lumber . Also the truck has 2 feet of snow in the box right now . :)

9. HarryTaco

HarryTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    BHLM, OEM roof rack, Tinted Tails, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Ivan Stewart TRD Powdercoated black, LR UCA,
    Bone stock.

Driver front 20.5
    Passenger front 20.5
    Driver rear 21.25
    Passenger rear 21.25

10. TacoBow

TacoBow Intentionally cosmetically incorrect.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma SR5 4x4 Access Cab
    CURRENT - 2012 4x4 Access Cab SR5, 5 Speed Manual, 2.7, brown, I think. TRADED - 2008 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB, Auto, silver. SOLD, sort of - 2006 4x4 Access Cab TRD 6 Speed Manual, silver. TRADED - 2008 4x4 DCLB TRD Sport Auto, white. FORMER - 2001 Xtra Cab 4x4 5 Speed Manual 2.7, silver.
    Well, I've got old numbers, but can't give you the hub center to wheel opening since the truck is currently on jack stands awaiting the stock rims return from the powdercoater.

These measurements were taken with the truck on level ground, taped from the rim bead, straight up through the center of the hub, to the inside edge of the wheel opening;

2006 V6 TRD Access Cab 4x4
    52,000 miles on the clock
    Bone stock, no rear spring TSB
    Cab vacant, bed empty
    3/4 tank of gasoline

Driver Front 28.5''
    Passenger Front 29''
    Driver Rear 30.5''
    Passenger Rear 31''

I've measured other ways in the past, (from the ground and from the center of the rim to the fender flare), but found this method the most repeatable.

11. Skunkman

Skunkman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse - Tug Hill
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Access Cab ,
    Bilstein 5100's with OME 885 X,top plate spacers,taco lean spacer,All Pro Expo's in the rear,installed fog lights,installed intermitent wipers,IPF off road lights,ARE topper with 5 ft. Hi-Lift Jack,first aid kit, fire extinguisher installed inside,Sway a Way front sway bar,Westin Brush Guard,air box mod,Mag Lite Mod,Relentless CB ant. Mount, DX 959 Galaxy CB,Go Rhino nerf bars,Duratrac 235-85-16's on TRD OR wheels,
    I just measured mine yesterday, before it went to the shop for a lift install. It is stock, with 245-75-16 tires that are new. The rear from the ground to the bottom of the flare is 34 ",this is with about 500 pounds in the rear. The fronts were just a little higher, at 34.5" on both sides. We are supposed to get the truck back today and will re-measure for the difference before and after. It is getting the Toytec AAL in the rear with 5100's and a set of TRD Off Road coils in the front with the 5100's set on 2.5"

12. fatty ac1d

fatty ac1d Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Liberal, Kansas
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Hankook Dynapro ATM, Color matched grille surround, Grillcraft MX, HID Hellas, BHLM, Morimoto D2S Projector Retro, Plasti Dipped rear bumper and front valence, Debadged, Sock'd, AFE Pro Dry S, ScanGauge, Banks Monster Exhaust, AMI Stubby Antenna, C2C Hood Struts, WeatherTech Floor Liners, Stant Locking Gas Cap, and other small mods
    Driver Front: 20 1/4
    Passenger Front: 20 3/4
    Driver Rear: 22
    Passenger Rear: 22

38500 miles
    1/4 tank of gas
    Bed empty
    Stock suspension
    2006 Double Cab TRD Off Road

13. EdinAthens

EdinAthens Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Athens, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2014 4x4 TRD OR SuperWhite
    too many to list
  14. Crom

Crom Time is precious; use it wisely

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. Sir
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab 4x4 Off Road
    A.R.E. MX Shell & Yakima Rack, Stubbs HD-SKO Rock Sliders, Flat BajaRack, Kenwood VHF/UHF Radio, Aux Battery, Solar Panels, L-Track everywhere, Goodyear Duratracs, Four-Leaf pack, Secured tailgate, 7-pin relocation, Inverter 400W all time, In-cab 110v outlets, Rear-seat 12v outlets., Steering shaft TSB, anytime fogs, DTRL toggle switch, aux turn signals, Diff Breather, ImMrYo mirror bracket, ABS Kill switch, (2) Kid Car Seats, and a Glock 23 with night sights.
    2009 4x4, double cab short bed. TSB springs, 55K miles. I carry 300 lbs over stock all times. Suspension is beat...

Driver Front: 20"
    Passenger Front: 20 3/4"
    Driver rear: 20 3/4"
    Passenger Rear: 21"

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
To Top