1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock Taco Lean and need opinions on lift

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by txduckhunter, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Jan 27, 2012 at 8:59 PM
    txduckhunter

txduckhunter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    centex
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC LB SR5 4x4
    2.5" lift, ARE Shell, Ducks Unlimited Rubber Floor Mats. ROGUE badges,
    Hey all, My truck is a 2008 Tacoma DC LB 4x4. I also have a big ARE shell on it. And 265/75/16 Duratracs.

I got a steal on some top plate spacers and want to run them a while in order to decide if I like the Taco with small lift and 285s or if I will want to go 6" and 35s.

Currently my truck is all factory, before measuring I thought from the rake I had about 2" higher in the back. So I would be .5" high in the front after lift.

I measured it and I am almost 1.5" higher in back. I also noticed the driver side is about 1/2" lower up front and 1/4" lower in back on the drivers side. But it does not seem visually noticeable.

I thought stock trucks did not have the lean?

And does anyone think my truck would luck stupid with the front at 1.5" higher than rear?
    EDIT they are 2.5" top plate spacers

I'm probably just going to order AAL but trying to decide if I should just put on the spacers this weekend and drive it like that a week or two until I get the AAL in.

2. Jan 27, 2012 at 9:02 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    all tacos have the taco lean- all the heavy stuff are on one side; doesnt matter if the truck is lifted or not

if the front's higher than the rear it'll look odd IMO, that and your headlights will be shining in the faces of oncoming traffic

Edit:
    but depending on how big the spacers are, you could end up with a "level" look moreso than a front rake

3. Jan 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM
    txduckhunter

txduckhunter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    centex
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC LB SR5 4x4
    2.5" lift, ARE Shell, Ducks Unlimited Rubber Floor Mats. ROGUE badges,
    Bump bump bump...

Products Discussed in