1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stock Tacoma REAR shock length, eyelet to top mount

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by 06RadiantRed, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Aug 15, 2011 at 6:25 PM
    06RadiantRed

06RadiantRed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    CA-Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road - RadRed!!
    ICON ext. Travel Coilovers, TC UCAs, Fox 2.0 FJ Rear Shox + 2"AAL rear
    I can not seem to find this anywhere. I would like to know how long on average your rear shocks are extended while the truck is on flat ground.

Right now my truck, no TSB spring with a 2" toytec AAL is exactly 22". The distance from hub center to fender bottom is 24.75".

I just ordered some Fox FJ rear shocks from DSM and want to make sure I didn't get anything that's too short, as currently I top out very easy with stock TRD shocks.

They suggested I go with the longer Bilsteins and I agree, but they are backorded by 6 weeks. I have read about the FJ fox swap and asked the guys about it on the phone, sounded like a good solution. But looking at the sizes online of the FJ shocks, I'm thinking they might also be too short? Unless they have an extended FJ shock, I don't have the part number because I order over the phone. Hope I get the confirmation email tomorrow so i can compare, but until then any info would be greatly appreciate. Or a link to some!

Thanks guys

To Top