1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

stock TRD wheels with bigger tires

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacosrule, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Feb 16, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    blacksky

blacksky Active Member

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD 4x4 Double Cab LB Off Road Pkg
    Bilstein 5100 leveling kit, LED interior light kit, WeatherTech liners, 17" TRD wheels fitted with Falken Wildpeak AT/3 265/70R17 tires, Morimoto LED headlights, Diode Dynamics Pro fog lights
    Started off wanting to level the truck following the rear TSB being completed as it raised the back end by 1". I tried using Billy 5100s up front set at 1.75 but I still had a slight rake. Rather than max out the Billys and possibly ending up with a front end higher than the rear, I opted for the coilovers which allow the Billys to be set at minimum setting (.85) as the coilovers do all the lifting. The coilovers also allow for any lift from 0" to 3". The result was a 2 1/4" lift up front which gave me a perfectly level look. I chose the 275 tire because I didn't want to deal with removing my front mud flaps, trimming excess material from the wheel wells, having to replace the UCAs, etc. After all this text I realize I didn't answer your question. I did not have to lift the vehicle to fit the 275 tires but wanted the more agressive stance. The tires fill the space nicely with just the right width that doesn't stick out to the sides too much.

2. Feb 16, 2011 at 8:02 PM
    eckcessive

eckcessive Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    in between Tacoma's
    Here's mine:
    P265/75/16 on stock OR wheels with no lift. Wish I had black wheels, may powder coat some day but for now I'm good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Feb 17, 2011 at 6:32 AM
    tacosrule

tacosrule [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner TRD Sport
    OEM Roof Rack, Aries Nerf Bars...... hopefully more to come!
    Anybody with the sport wheels?

Products Discussed in

To Top