1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

STOLEN! In Phoenix :(

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by azchris, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Nov 6, 2012 at 4:47 PM
    82 yotaman

82 yotaman H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman

Member:
    First Name:
    BUBBA
    Northern colorado
    Vehicle:
    1982 toyta pickup/2013 toy MGM dcab 4x4 trd
    avs bugshield, avs inchannel vent visors, weather techs, trd shift knob, tailgate theft mod, windows tinted to 20%, wet okole front and back and black level 8 guardians wrapped in 265/75/R16 Cooper ATP's oil catch can mod interior LED's, pop & lock pl5500, Leer 180 topper
    Tjat sucks man I had my 82 stolen till I found it on craigslist setup a test drive verified my vin than opened a can of whoop on the dude that stole it and the cops didn't even give me a ticket and my truck wasn't damaged at all

2. Jan 29, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    1967FB

1967FB Member

Member:
    MD
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue
    Stock
    Sorry to hear about the theft. Put a Ravelco on my 2008 TRD Sport a couple of months after I got it. Researched and found not one vehicle stolen equipped with one. Usually people will be pretty ticked if they spent a bunch of money on a security device that didn't work...at least I would. No negative stuff anywhere on the web about Ravelco. I live in a fairly secure place but anytime the truck is parked, the plug is on my pocket. The thief can have a key, computer to swap, or anything else he wants but time enough to defeat it. All the connections are under the hood. Short of a tow truck, mine goes nowhere without me.

Cutting the wheels all the way one direction would require they break the steering lock/ignition. Sounds like they didn't do that in your case. I would feel violated as you do. Hope the new ride you find stays secure. Just my two cents on what I think works. Check out the Ravelco.com web site. May or may not be for you. My niece had her Civic stolen twice in the Phoenix area. Guess just about everybody knows someone with a theft story.

To Top