1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stolen radio

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by garrett928, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Jan 21, 2012 at 9:45 PM
    garrett928

garrett928 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Atlanta Georgia
    Hello everyone, I am new to this site and as of right now I have a 2004 f150. I've been looking at Tacomas lately. I found a 2006 Tacoma today at a dealership and I am really interested in it. The only problem that is holding me back is the owner at the dealership informed me that someone has stolen the radio out of it but they can replace it with a stock stereo that is in one of the other Tacomas. I would imagine that the person that stole it just ripped it right out. So my question is, do you think that when the person ripped it out, could that have messed up any of the wiring and could possibly mess up some sort of chip or anything importan that could effect the Tacoma? I've been looking on the Internet for answers but I couldn't find anything. So do you think that it would be no big deal or do you think that it could have effected it in a bad way?
    Thanks!

2. Jan 21, 2012 at 10:10 PM
    jackhart

jackhart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 DCLB
    x2. there is no way you should let this stop you from buying the truck. i wouldn't be even the slightest bit concerned about it.

3. Jan 21, 2012 at 10:11 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    What they said and aloha to you

4. Jan 24, 2012 at 4:39 PM
    garrett928

garrett928 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Atlanta Georgia
    Thanks guys! I found another tacoma that I am going to look at tomorrow as well. I appreciate the input!

5. Jan 24, 2012 at 7:25 PM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    Just state that it needs a working stereo with a warranted before you buy it at their cost. If they want to sell it they will do this for you.

Products Discussed in

To Top