1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4x4yotaphan Build

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Builds (2016-2023)' started by 4x4yotaphan, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Mar 7, 2017 at 1:55 PM
    riz_atx

riz_atx #bigpermtaco #teamBP

Member:
    First Name:
    Sohail
    Spicewood Texas
    Vehicle:
    ‘16 4x4 DCLB GFC Locked, Geared, Tuned
    C4Fab/RCI/BAMF, ADS, 4.88, Lockers, OVTune
    Check this out... I started searching for solutions for this and came upon this link in another thread on TW. This feels like the best option, but its not the cheapest solution. https://www.carolinametalmasters.co...ucts/products/security-nut-kit-for-led-lights

2. Mar 7, 2017 at 2:11 PM
    4x4yotaphan

4x4yotaphan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2016 White TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    Exterior: King suspension w/compression adjusters Icon billet UCAs Icon 3 leaf expansion pack Timbren rear bump stops w/U bolt flip kit Wheeler’s Offroad front superbumps BFG KO2 285/70/R17 on SCS Ray 10 17” wheels w/black wheel lock lug nuts TRD Pro grill TRD Pro taillights TRD Pro skid plate Demello Offroad front bumper Smittybilt XRC 9.5 comp winch w/Factor 55 fairlead and Flatlink E RCI LCA skids Beast Fab rock sliders 4 Extreme LED 4” pods Baja Design Squadron SAE LED amber fog lights Relentless Fab bedrail mount w/KC Flex dual amber chase lights AVS vent visors Interior: TRD Pro shift knob OEM instrument switch panel conversion (from 3 to 5 slots) Taco Garage DMM with Scosche Magicmount Upgraded Kicker sound system Husky X-act floor liners Performance: Airaid cold air intake system Pedal Commander w/Bluetooth
    Those won't work because the nut isn't open and it's for led bars. See my pic below of the bolt that needs to be used and how it protrudes downwards. The bolt is 5/8" so it's a bigger size and needs a tool that is open too so it can go through. And you'll need security bolts to mount the pod onto the bracket as well which is all included. As pricey as the Rigid set (#40282) is, it's the cheapest I found and you have to buy 2 sets for both lights. Got mine from AutoAnything with a coupon code so it saved a little.

IMG_6235.jpg IMG_6236.jpg

3. Mar 7, 2017 at 2:15 PM
    riz_atx

Member:
    First Name:
    Sohail
    Spicewood Texas
    Vehicle:
    Awesome! Okay, I will order up 4 of those 40282 sets asap. thanks for the info again!

4. Mar 7, 2017 at 2:37 PM
    4x4yotaphan

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Exterior: King suspension w/compression adjusters Icon billet UCAs Icon 3 leaf expansion pack Timbren rear bump stops w/U bolt flip kit Wheeler’s Offroad front superbumps BFG KO2 285/70/R17 on SCS Ray 10 17” wheels w/black wheel lock lug nuts TRD Pro grill TRD Pro taillights TRD Pro skid plate Demello Offroad front bumper Smittybilt XRC 9.5 comp winch w/Factor 55 fairlead and Flatlink E RCI LCA skids Beast Fab rock sliders 4 Extreme LED 4” pods Baja Design Squadron SAE LED amber fog lights Relentless Fab bedrail mount w/KC Flex dual amber chase lights AVS vent visors Interior: TRD Pro shift knob OEM instrument switch panel conversion (from 3 to 5 slots) Taco Garage DMM with Scosche Magicmount Upgraded Kicker sound system Husky X-act floor liners Performance: Airaid cold air intake system Pedal Commander w/Bluetooth
    Sorry for the confusion, you just need to order 2 of those, one for each pod unless you bought 4 pods.

5. Mar 7, 2017 at 2:37 PM
    riz_atx

Member:
    First Name:
    Sohail
    Spicewood Texas
    Vehicle:
    Word! Just 2 pods here, so 2 sets. Got it.

6. Jun 23, 2017 at 8:28 PM
    4x4yotaphan

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Added Kings w/adjusters and Icon billet UCAs. And vinyl dipped my tailgate in matte black and added TRD Pro taillights.

IMG_6764.jpg IMG_6769.jpg IMG_6772.jpg

Tibetan Nomad and riz_atx like this.
  7. Jun 25, 2017 at 12:40 PM
    4x4yotaphan

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    How it sits today.......
    IMG_6793.jpg IMG_6791.jpg

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Tibetan Nomad and riz_atx like this.
  8. Jun 25, 2017 at 7:09 PM
    Fresh6390

Fresh6390 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    17' Super White Tacoma DCSB SR5
    Damn! Your truck is officially my goal now. Let's start off slow though, where you get the flag decals and what size? Thanks

9. Jun 25, 2017 at 8:05 PM
    4x4yotaphan

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Lol I'm glad you like the build. It's been fun adding all these things, just not too fun on the wallet haha. I got the decals awhile back on eBay but I would recommend reaching out to @CBoy808 for decals. High quality stuff, great service and a cool guy to work with. I've gotten several new ones from him.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    CBoy808 likes this.
  10. Jun 25, 2017 at 8:08 PM
    4x4yotaphan

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Forgot to mention the size, it's 6" wide

11. Jun 25, 2017 at 8:20 PM
    Fresh6390

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    I hear you on the wallet. The wife finally gave in and let me get the KO2s and Method wheels and now I'm trying to convince her to let me get the pro grille. That for getting back about decals. I will be following your thread.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  12. Sep 29, 2017 at 8:02 AM
    itsraymondang

itsraymondang Spam King

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 White TRD Sport DCSB
    Do you have more pics on the lower switch panel swap? I am planning on doing this project real soon.

13. Oct 21, 2017 at 6:07 PM
    4x4yotaphan

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Added custom Beast Fab rock sliders and finally put on the Morimoto LED fogs.
    IMG_7565.jpg

14. Nov 23, 2017 at 10:46 AM
    4x4yotaphan

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    TacomaPros grill lights

03777EC8-42EC-434A-B681-0D89A310471A.jpg

15. Nov 24, 2017 at 7:11 AM
    Rocky.Mtn

Rocky.Mtn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OFF-ROAD DCSB
    This is a great build!
    How did you do your tailgate so cleanly? Vinyl Dip - I've never heard of this.

16. Nov 24, 2017 at 8:19 PM
    4x4yotaphan

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Thanks!!! The brand is called Autodip and I attached the link to it. The finish on it is waaaaayyyy better than the orange peel look and sticky feel of plastidip. It actually feels like vinyl that you would get from vinyl wrap, but this won’t bubble especially near the indented letters which would be challenging if you vinyl wrap it, plus if you put more coats on it would be thicker than standard vinyl wrap. The only thing is the edge lines won’t be perfect so what you would do is tape off where you want the lines, spray your desired coats (I did about 10), then immediately peel off your taped lines slowly and carefully right after your last coat. Allow it to dry and cure. Once it’s dry, I used matte black 1/4” pinstripe vinyl and followed the edges with it to create clean and sharp edges. Both spray/pinstripe match and blend together really well you can hardly even tell unless you literally have your face inches away from it. Below is a pic of it without the pinstripe tape on it and then with it. Sorry for the loooonnnnggg post but wanted to let you know how I did it so you can decide if it’s an option for you or not.
    5972BD24-D5A0-40E2-8E5E-17BA9F363029.jpg

1D331E86-65D0-4769-AB52-7E876E2B6A83.jpg

Fresh6390 likes this.
  17. Dec 2, 2017 at 7:07 PM
    takingbackdave

takingbackdave Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White OR DCSB
    There it is. Nice seeing your Tacoma man, super clean look! My S/O complimented your truck on our way to dinner, she seemed very impressed.

18. Dec 2, 2017 at 10:04 PM
    4x4yotaphan

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Thanks!!! Glad to hear that she liked it because that means she’ll support your endless mods on your truck lol

19. Dec 3, 2017 at 8:22 AM
    Fresh6390

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    Nice, thinking of adding these to my pro grille too. Detail write up on them?

20. Dec 3, 2017 at 11:55 PM
    4x4yotaphan

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I didn’t take any pics of the process but TacomaPros has instructions included. My only suggestion is to mark your holes for the two side ones to the pro grill so it doesn’t get blocked by the grill. Other than that it’s pretty straight forward. You will have to remove the pro grill insert in order to install these so be careful with the clips.

Products Discussed in

To Top