1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

stowe mtn vt

Discussion in 'North East' started by slo13zx3, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Jan 8, 2012 at 8:39 PM
    slo13zx3

slo13zx3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    forest city pa
    Vehicle:
    14 trd off 6speed nav
    I'm going there feb 10 and 11 never been there how is it ? and where to stay im thinking green mtn inn

2. Jan 9, 2012 at 4:28 AM
    Tacomanater

Tacomanater Well-Known Member

Member:
    Washington County, NY (VT Border)
    Vehicle:
    '02 SR5, 4WD, V6, 5Spd
    JBA headers & exhaust, new cats, K&N CAI, new shocks, 2.5" lift, Prodigy P2, Timbren, snobord552 light bar (v.2), KC off-roads and Hella fog lights, Teflon A/R ATX 16" Ledge, Nitto Terra Grappler, (265/75R16's), ultragauge, curt roof rack on thule set-up.
    Green Mountain Inn is a great place. Well done, clean, classy, country motif, nice rooms, comfy beds, etc., ...I would stay there again in a heartbeat...you'll love it.
    Stowe is a great moutain, too, the "front face" is awesome, if mother nature gives us some good snow by Feb., you will have a great trip. Enjoy!!!

3. Jan 9, 2012 at 4:58 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    SBurl Vermont
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DC MGM
    Stock for now
    I live about 30 minutes from Stowe is a nice mountain but do not ski there enough anymore due to cost. I go up more in off season honestly for hiking. The area is busy & the mountain is first class. AIG owned it(at one time) and put lots of $$$ in it. It pretty much has it all up there.

The Green Mtn Inn is in the heart of downtown, that is a picturesque quaint little Vermont town with a Main St. that still has stores. As Tacomater said, very well done & classy. Not your typical motel or hotel. Its bar & grill, The Whip, is good. Never had a real need to stay there though have been for weddings & such.

Mtn night life is on the Mtn Rd known officially as Rt 108. My favorite restaurant/pub known as the Shed just went out of business but something else is going in its place & its micro-brewery got bought by I think Otter Creek.
    There is always the Rusty Nail for Dancing and a host of other places on 108 like Mr. Pickwicks, I am sure there are others.

If you get a chance, stop at the Cabot Cheese Factory for the best spread of free tasting cheeses ever to sample. The Bee Knees in Morrisville just up the road on 100N is my favorite. It is a small venue but has excellent food, live music, spirits.

Hope you have a great time on your vacation.

4. Jan 9, 2012 at 1:36 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    this^^^^^^^
    mabye ill see you there......:D

To Top