1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Strange noises with audio system

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by javajunk-e, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Nov 26, 2008 at 11:35 AM
    javajunk-e

javajunk-e [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So. Cal
    Vehicle:
    '09, Super White, DC, LB, 4x4, SR5.
    Tacoma all weather floor mats, N-Fab Prerunner light bar w/ Hella 500ff lights, mag-lite mod, Hi-lift jack, Wet Okole seat covers, Revenge Fab sliders, ARE MX shell with Thule racks, and a Bed Rug.
    I just bought a '09 taco with the JBL premium audio system. I am having a problem when I play cds. I haven't figured out if this noise is coming from the sub or the speakers, but the best way I can describe it is the sound of someone breathing through a mic. I don't have this problem when I am playing the radio or my i-pod (if it isn't turned up all the way) I took my it into the dealership and they said it was a problem with my burned cds however i just slipped in a brand new store bought cd and it made the same damn noise!! anyone else out there having a problem like this? Would love some suggestions...:confused:

2. Nov 26, 2008 at 11:37 AM
    TommyTaco09

TommyTaco09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD DC Pyrite Mica
    Tint: 20%F 35%R
  3. Nov 26, 2008 at 1:36 PM
    javajunk-e

javajunk-e [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So. Cal
    Vehicle:
    '09, Super White, DC, LB, 4x4, SR5.
    Tacoma all weather floor mats, N-Fab Prerunner light bar w/ Hella 500ff lights, mag-lite mod, Hi-lift jack, Wet Okole seat covers, Revenge Fab sliders, ARE MX shell with Thule racks, and a Bed Rug.
    thanks man I really appreciate that thread! i will take it in armed with my new info. the dealership gave the same bs when i went in before!

To Top