1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Strange ticking sound

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 1998tacoma4x4, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Sep 23, 2009 at 2:16 PM
    1998tacoma4x4

1998tacoma4x4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma 4x4 3.4L Auto
    Deaver j59 pack 2.5 SAW coilovers, rear bilstein 5100's. Extened stainless rear brake line, deck plate mod, drop in K&N filter, Kenwood headunit & pioneer speakers, SnugTop Shell.
    OK so i have a 1998 Tacoma 4x4 with the 3.4L. The only mods is a K&N intake. For the last few months my truck has been making this loud clicking type noise. It only happens when im sitting at an intersection with my foot on the brake and it is in drive. If i put it in neutral it stops, but then starts again quietly. It almost sounds like an air conditioning fan is hitting a shroud or something, but i know it is not that because it happens even with the air turned off. It sounds as if it is coming from the engine compartment, but only on the passenger side. Any ideas let me know cause it is very annoying.
    Thanks, Matt

2. Sep 2, 2013 at 8:02 PM
    smmarine

smmarine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Melbourne FL
    Vehicle:
    2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS
    I got a click coming from the top driver side of my engine. Mine is the 3.4 liter. Does yours have a rythem to it or is it off and ion? Mine sometimes has a rythem andi sometimes its just intermittent

Products Discussed in

To Top