1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Strangers throwing things in your truck

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Iram, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Aug 21, 2010 at 1:00 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah

I hate people who vandalize other's properties whether its a can in the bed of a truck, keying the paint, smashing windows etc...I don't care if they are jealous, envious, or just plain stupid

he could even open his door I was so livid I punched his driver side window (upper half) and practically shatter it...then kicked his door in to the point my shoe left an impression

But its ok for you to do so huh?

2. Aug 21, 2010 at 1:06 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    I've never had sh*t thrown in the bed of my truck but one time in the school parking lot I hadn't noticed that there was a balled up mcdonalds paper bag on the roof and I only found out about it cuz someone parked next to me told me it was there. So I threw it in my bed and threw it away when I got home.

The nerve of some people I tell you. :mad: It's funny though huh to see how they react when they get caught red handed or when you call them out.

Once when I was parked and sitting in my truck this dude in a crappy old car banged my door when he opened his (base hospital parking lot) but to my suprise it left no dent. The guy didn't do anything until he saw me (about 10 seconds passed before he did) and only then did he make an over exaggerated wincing face..."I'm SORRY man"

What a douche bag.

3. Aug 21, 2010 at 1:08 PM
    jlvhrse

jlvhrse Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jen
    SoCal SGV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4X4 Long Bed
    LSK front and rear LT and stuff
    I got a banana peel once... ick

4. Aug 21, 2010 at 1:14 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    if you read the story he ran me off the road and onto the median...practically into oncoming traffic...had he merely apologzied, waved sorry, and nothing more I would have calmed down and went on my way...but instead he started flipping me off, calling me out, and throwing coins at my windshield...he was asking for it...

had anyone else done that to me they would have got the same treatment...yes it wasn't mature of me to rage on his vehicle...but when he was obviously at fault and thought that because he had his girl in the car he could act up someone had to put him in his place and that person was me...who's to say he wouldn't have done that to you or someone else and/or has done that in the past...

why should I have to pay out of my $$$ for a cracked windshield, scratched up paint, or even worse a totaled truck when it was clearly his fault from the get go? why did he go so far to stick his head out his window mouth off at me, fly coins at my truck, and flip me off? what if I got into a wreck with oncoming traffic and he just drove off? it wouldn't have been my fault but I would still look like the bad guy and have to pay out the ass for the other vehicle and my owns (with/without insurance)... if you want to mouth off and get stupid with me that's fine by me but you better be willing to back it up cause once I snap ain't no one holding me back from teaching you a lesson...

in general I'm a very calm and easy going person...it really does take a lot for me to get pissed off and even more to snap...but he crossed my line and he felt the need to act up...he got what he deserved...i bet you he'll think twice before doing stupid sh*t like this to anyone else...he may even start packing heat...

like i mentioned before in my original post...it wasn't the maturest and smartest thing I have ever done...but I felt the need to share it cause it proves there are assholes in the world (felt that this is similar to people throwing crap in the bed of our trucks) who like to attempt to push people around thinking that everyone will just succumb to them cause they either don't want to deal with them, to scared of what may happen, etc...there are consequences with everything we do good and/or bad...I don't feel proud of what I did...but those assholes/punks need to understand that not every ones going to bend over and let them walk all over you...I ain't 1 of those guys never have and never will be...

5. Aug 21, 2010 at 1:32 PM
    StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 V6 access cab
    Normally I wouldn't condone rode rage, but damn that idiot deserved everything he got. What a dick. :D

6. Aug 21, 2010 at 1:39 PM
    Taco505

Taco505 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4x4 5 speed
    OME 884's/90021, MD Dakar/Nitrocharger.
    damn musta been an awesome night if you couldnt remember you put it in your truck :p

7. Aug 21, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    beachbumberry

beachbumberry Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    andrew
    fl now, tx native
    Vehicle:
    05 sr5 4x4 access cab
    leveling kit, american racing rims, push bar, nerf bars
    there was a guy in my building that was parking crooked in the front 2 spots to block them off several days in a row so i parked my truck so close to the drivers side of his that i had to fold the mirrors. came out the next day to find my bed filled with bagged trash and boxes from the dumpster (my tv box i'd trashed the day before was laying in my bed) so i took a shovel and loaded it all into his. didnt have any problems after that

8. Aug 21, 2010 at 1:52 PM
    T0LLPHR33

Member:
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    ^good 1 beach bum...

9. Aug 21, 2010 at 1:54 PM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    Some kid I know put a dead racoon back there that he had killed. I eventually disposed of it in his Tacoma and I think he left it in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant.

10. Aug 21, 2010 at 1:59 PM
    Meeocky

Meeocky GEAUX TIGERS!

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Black '05 Tacoma
    Only when I'm at a bar, party, or something like that.

The other night the wife and I were at Hooters eating wings and drinking a few pitchers, and on our way out, we found a few bottles in the back of the truck. I can't be that upset, because I'm guilty of doing the same thing before.

11. Aug 21, 2010 at 2:02 PM
    T0LLPHR33

Member:
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    i bet you there was a trash can less than 10' away from the front door?

like you mentioned you have done it before...no respect I tell you...

12. Aug 21, 2010 at 2:07 PM
    flightcancled

flightcancled Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    Snapped the key off in the lock during the winter. 2 min later I spun the thing around with some help from a wrench and found out how easy it is to defeat those puny locks. :rolleyes:

13. Aug 21, 2010 at 2:24 PM
    ninorth

ninorth T-REX

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Yucca Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab 4x4 off-road
    In my 98' tacoma I have had cans, smokes, and food trash from college. My 06' I think some trash but what I remember is a fish! I knew who did it too!! I left it on the front door of his work cuz I saw his car there.. LOL

14. Aug 21, 2010 at 2:30 PM
    T0LLPHR33

Member:
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    ah i see...that does suck...and i bet they wanted like $150+ to replace the locking mechanism...:(

15. Aug 21, 2010 at 4:13 PM
    Boring

Boring This space unintentionally left blank.

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    5-lug regular cab
    yarp
    My coworkers (friends) used to put stuff in the bed without telling me. I'd have to stand around the parking lot guessing if it was trash or a gift. Annoying. I started parking much further away and that stopped. I know they wouldn't want me messing with their cars. Now they bring it to my desk.

I had someone throw some wire in the bed. I think they might have just confused their truck with mine. Lots of contractors have white trucks. Something else I can't remember.

Things seemed to taper off a bit as I added little "mods". It makes it more obvious that it's not their truck to play with, maybe? If it looks factory stock, maybe that means it's OK to mess with to some people.

16. Aug 21, 2010 at 4:40 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    did that a time or two when parking was limited and i had my old beater truck...people in their SUV's think they can park however they want...i used my small truck and parked so close i had to get out my passenger side....

if ya can't park it, don't drive it!

17. Aug 21, 2010 at 4:59 PM
    1bad10tacoma

1bad10tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Brewer Maine
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB Sport
    tonneau,tailgate lock, OEM cruise, Int. wiper, , mud flap mod,weatertech's,fj rims
    It happens to me all the time in the parking lot of my job. I would love to catch the SOB in the act!!!

18. Aug 22, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    Meeocky

Meeocky GEAUX TIGERS!

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Black '05 Tacoma
    There was a garbage can right outside the door.

Yes, I've done it before, but my only excuse was.... I was drinking! :p ...and I was a lot younger. :eek:

19. Aug 22, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    Duff Man

Duff Man Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    AEM CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, DT headers, all speakers replaced with (2) 10's and amp behind rear seats, color matched grill, grillcraft, projector headlights, 8000k HID's, DC Torque wheels, 3" Toytec lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks.
    Nobody's thrown trash in the back of my truck yet, just the guys I live with throwing all their empty beer cans back there.

20. Aug 22, 2010 at 11:49 AM
    TacoRich

TacoRich n00b

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Winchester, Ca
    Vehicle:
    White 07 Prerunner
    Throttle body spacer, K&N intake, Leer 700 tonneau cover, Dynomax catback, de-badged, bilstein shocks, airlift air bags, procomp at's 285/75/16 on stock rims with spidertrac spacers.
    When I used my truck as a work truck, parking it at the job site was hit or miss with people throwing stuff in the back. Mostly it happened from my so-called co-workers. So I went and bought a cover. Problem solved. I just don't get the reason behind throwing your trash in other peoples beds. I mean, at every job site I have been to, their is a big dumpster and trash cans all over the place. I guess it is people trying to be funny.

Products Discussed in

To Top