1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stuck, please help....radio trim piece

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BIGDEZUL, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Oct 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM
    BIGDEZUL

BIGDEZUL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baton Rouge
    6" Pro Comp, rockstars, nittos, black mods on interior, debadged, color matched chrome bumper and grille, dynamat inside doors and floor MORE TO COME
    I have my radio pulled out but i cannot figure out how to take the silver trim piece off to paint it, I see the two clips on the top and sides but it won't come off at the bottom around the clock. Any advice???/

2. Oct 16, 2009 at 3:35 PM
    SubZombie

SubZombie Well-Known Member

Member:
    South East
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Off Road 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Its not a trim piece its part of the radio...If you buy the radio the whole thing comes together.

Might can get it off but you're gonna have to unscrew something and what not.

3. Oct 16, 2009 at 3:36 PM
    BIGDEZUL

Member:
    Baton Rouge
    6" Pro Comp, rockstars, nittos, black mods on interior, debadged, color matched chrome bumper and grille, dynamat inside doors and floor MORE TO COME
    I thought I saw people pull it off and paint it, I know it comes off....few people on here with it painted....

4. Oct 16, 2009 at 3:36 PM
    CAMZTRD

CAMZTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    hampton, va
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    billy 5100's @ 2.5 w/ 1/4 spacers, toytec aal, LR UCA's, revotec headlights,revotec taillights, lamin-x fogs, color matched grille and rear bumper, undercover, bed-extender, black nerf bars, scan gaugeII , afe drop in, 50 series flowmaster, 6000k bi-xenon hids, more to come.......
    it just pulls straight off, there are clips on all four corners.

5. Oct 16, 2009 at 3:44 PM
    SubZombie

SubZombie Well-Known Member

Member:
    South East
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Off Road 4x4 Barcelona Red

Huh, didn't know.

Is yours textured or smooth? Don't think I've seen someone paint a textured one. The painted silver ones look cheap to me but to each their own.

6. Oct 16, 2009 at 3:46 PM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    It all comes apart. You have to look on the back and unscrew all the little screws. There is like 10 of them. The buttons just push out once you get it off. The screws are really small so be careful.

7. Oct 16, 2009 at 3:49 PM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    I can post some pics of what it looks like all torn apart, (I bought one and then went another direction, ended up getting bored and took it all apart) will post them tomorrow when I get home.

8. Oct 16, 2009 at 4:00 PM
    DIVER_5

DIVER_5 DIVER_5

Member:
    First Name:
    LAWRENCE
    VALDEZ ALASKA
    Vehicle:
    SILVER WITH A TON OF MONEY IN AND ON IT.
    6" PRO COMP LIFT, PRO COMP SKID PLATE, FABTECH PRERUNNER BAR, 9" PROCOMP LIGHTS, 6000K hid HEADLAMPS WITH BLACK LENS'S, 19" ROCKSTAR WHEELS, 33" GOODYEAR MTR TIRES, DOLBY DIGITAL SURROUND SOUND PIONEER SYSTEM WITH DVD, NAV, BLUE TOOTH & BACK UP CAMERA, 10" CUSTOM SUB BOX BEHIND REAR SEAT, ROCK SLIDER BARS WELDED ON, WITH LINE-X TO MATCH THE LINE-X PRERUNNER BAR
    just pull straight out...
    mine is a 07 and I put in the avicd3 pioneer and had to order a whole new piece.
    it pulled straight out though...
    if yours was stock like mine.
    That should work.

9. Oct 16, 2009 at 5:08 PM
    BIGDEZUL

Member:
    Baton Rouge
    jeremiekc yea if you could post pics that would help, i gave up and put it back together and gonna tackle it another day.....rather be safe than sorry

To Top