1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stuff that people say about you taco that pisses you off

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 16andwantataco, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Jan 6, 2010 at 2:12 AM
    Hologram

Hologram Go with the flow

Member:
    Pensacola-Destin, FL 850
    Vehicle:
    03 Doublecab PreRunner SR5
    nothing negative about mine. only thing i can think of is if our tacomas are good enough for the sf guys that picked them to bring in a-stan, and not chevy or ford or dodge, then thats all i gotta say.

2. Jan 6, 2010 at 2:39 AM
    indbobber

indbobber Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudy
    Pa
    Vehicle:
    09 reg cab 4cyl 5speed 4WD
    intermittent wipers,hood protector,fog lights, wheel skins
    I truelly don't care what uneducated people who are authorities based on heresay have to say about my truck. probably they think they are mechanics and engineers because they change their own oil.

3. Jan 6, 2010 at 3:22 AM
    Got Tacoma

Got Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gila
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl. Cab Sb 4 x 4 Trd
    Undercover Tonneau, Roof Rack, ABR Bumper, Warn 9.5xp, OME 886, Dakar leaf springs, Bilstein 5100 Struts and shocks
    Anyone who really knows anything about vehicles know and will admit that Tacoma is the king of 4 wd pickups. Chevy Colorado is a poor excuse for a pickup. Just look at the low hung rear leaf springs. An even poorer excuse is the Hummer H3. It uses a Colorado chassis. All that money for a Colorado chassis.
    American truck rear differentials make gear whining noises at 90k miles. Ford F series rear diffs made noise from day one from 2001 to 2005 when I last checked. Hey maybe they still make noise today from brand new. Imagine paying 30 to 40 k for a an F series and on the way home the rear diff whines. And then you take it in for service and the service dept. tells you it is a normal characteristic of the differential.
    Most American automatic transmissions are now sealed and many do not require fluid maintenance or flushes. Their average life is around 90 K. An auto transmission today cost a minimum of 3 k dollars. Tacoma Auto Transmissions are also sealed but if you change the fluid in your Tacoma as recommended by Toyota and it should last for around 200k miles.
    Look at the door seals on a Tacoma at 10 to 15 years of age. These seals are painted and are between the area where the outer door panel is bent over the inner door panel. Now go look at an American truck. I have seen them and they fall off within 3 to 5 years and then you get rust where the pieces of metal meet.
    I could go on and on but I will stop and let someone else continue the American Truck vs the Tacoma comparison.

4. Jan 6, 2010 at 3:25 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale

but u still can't pickup a fullsize pickup by toyota thats like 13K with an 8 foot bed...lol

sure it'll last you at most 100K but u can always just throw it away and get a new one...lol

thats the ONE thing american trucks can beat toyota...theyre cheap as hell..build quality as well as price

i still love taco tho

5. Jan 6, 2010 at 3:27 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    it does top your taco...in shittynesss.....i mean even the colorado is better...lol

6. Jan 6, 2010 at 3:50 AM
    Got Tacoma

Got Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gila
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl. Cab Sb 4 x 4 Trd
    Undercover Tonneau, Roof Rack, ABR Bumper, Warn 9.5xp, OME 886, Dakar leaf springs, Bilstein 5100 Struts and shocks
    My last 2 vehicles were foreign made. I went foreign because I got tired of the repairs and expense when the vehicle aged. Yes a base model Siverado is below 15k I believe. A good deal especially if you don't drive much annually. If the economy get much worse Toyota and Nissan will loose big time because people just will not have the money to spend no matter how much better Japanese trucks are. As it stands a Tacoma is 3k more than a Frontier.
    Life is short! Enjoy your Tacoma's or what ever you drive.
    Just think of this. Today the average vehicle ownership in the USA is about 18 years and rising. In 1999 it was 8 years and in 1978 it was 4 years. I wonder when average ownership will hit 25 years soon no doubt.

7. Jan 6, 2010 at 3:58 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    ^^^^^ My last Toyota truck lasted 27 yrs over 400k and is still running somewhere out there with r-12 AC still working.

8. Jan 6, 2010 at 3:59 AM
    Motoxerc0

Motoxerc0 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 DC LB Lifted
    I had a guy who owns a pos 2wd ranger come with his buddy (in his buddies chevy full size) to pull me out the only time ive ever gotten stuck (yes it was my fault, i took the wrong line), who said the entire time getting me out "this is why you dont bring Honda Pilots into the woods."

9. Jan 6, 2010 at 4:06 AM
    Mondwa

Mondwa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 V6 Tacoma
    remote start, Allpro bumper, Slimchubby HID, MetalMiller custom Emblem
    That is very True . The SF guys in here have all toyota's tacomas,tundras, or hillux. And they hall A%# around the base with them and the roads here are just crazy. Pot holes like you wouldnt believe. The reason is they can take it unlike all other modle of trucks. Some of these are brand new off the show room floor. lol

10. Jan 6, 2010 at 4:25 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    My dad can beat up your dad..

:anonymous:

11. Jan 6, 2010 at 4:26 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Nothing wrong with that review, Mehta just thinks he's a much better writer than he actually is.

It's true, the price of purchase is close to full size trucks, and the capacity is less. What he doesn't cover is cost of ownership, resale value, offroad ability which are the areas where tacos come out on top.

12. Jan 6, 2010 at 5:48 AM
    Dabates

Dabates Well-Known Member

Member:
    Guelph, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2001 TRD
    Normally I don't give a shit what other people think of my truck, I didn't buy it to impress them, however, my jackass brother got me going pretty good. Shortly after buying my truck, he told my whole family that I paid too much for it, the 3.4 V6 is a pig on gas and the e-locker are notorious for failure, he went on and on, he even claimed that the new BFG AT's I put on were garbage, anyway, he clearly had some serious hate on for my truck. All of this was remedied though the day I found out the he had gone out and bought himself a brand new 2009 ford ranger, I pretty much fell over laughing so hard, now I tell him that I'll give him a good deal on my Tacoma in three years when his is fucked...

13. Jan 6, 2010 at 6:06 AM
    yotarob2005

yotarob2005 Kiss My IFS

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Bryan , Tx
    Vehicle:
    05 D-cab trd sport long bed
    Front Bilstien 5100's Set @ 1.75", rear 5100's & TSB springs, Flowmaster, TRD seat covers, Toyota All weather floor mats, 265/70-17 Michelin LTX AT2's, some Debadgeding, BHLM, led bed lights, 886 back up lights, fog lights anytime mod, Extra d-rings, Toyota bed mat, sockmoney TRD decals, Kenwood 890DNX, Firestone ride-rite air bags, 2 car seats.
    My little sister sometimes gets brave & says that my tacoma is a "girls truck" & that I should give it to her. That coment always seems to make her loose her balance, for some reason she always ends up on the floor right after she says it.

14. Jan 6, 2010 at 7:05 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    :laugh:

15. Jan 6, 2010 at 7:22 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod

Eff 'em... When their truck is sitting there with it's dick in the dirt, you'll still be riding. AND if something goes wrong with it, you'll have saved enough money in gas (unlike them) to be able to afford the repairs...

16. Jan 6, 2010 at 7:33 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    Any time anyone says anything about my "Japanese" vehicle I say "yeah, it is a Japanes design, hey check this out" Then I open the door and point to the sticker that says assembled in California. When I pull Fords/Chevy/Jeeps/Dodges out of mud/snow/curbs they are usually eating crow. Piss on them, I know what I have and what it is capable of.

17. Jan 6, 2010 at 7:35 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    make sure that when you get stuck to not ask them for help then... :laugh: :rofl:

18. Jan 6, 2010 at 7:37 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I dont know....I have never had anyone say anything bad about a vehicle I have owned.......

19. Jan 6, 2010 at 7:38 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    I don't bash their vehicles. I just pull up and ask if they need help. Then they go into the "I think I am going to need a wrecker" speech. I just say that I am pretty sure I can get them out and they just keep going on about how small the truck is and that they don't think I can do it. bla bla bla. Then I pull them out. I don't trash talk them because I may infact need them one day.

20. Jan 6, 2010 at 11:23 AM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Read that review, no big deal , is there truth to it ? some, sure but nothing to get pissed about, its just an opinion. I could care less about what someone else thinks of my truck because I've already probably had what they drive i'e; full size lifted trucks '72 Power Wagon, '73 F250 4x, '68 Kaiser built Jeep w/V6 ,posi (unsafe at any speed) '83 Toyota solid axle & my current 2000 TRD. Having driven all these for a number of years you kinda learn the strong & weak points to each manufacturer . Overall I'm pretty sure if you compiled all the reviews on all pickups that Toyota would edge out most if not all others in most if not all catagories.....:cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top