1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stupid Dealer. Damn.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by luk8272, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Dec 7, 2008 at 9:15 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Kaplan, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners.
    I had one of the studs thats holds the engine cover on come out along with the retaining nut. Not a big deal I call the dealer on friday and they say they will order the parts, all thread and nut, but it will have to wait until monday. I think nothing of it and go to work for 2 weeks. Get home and go to pick it up, They ordered a bolt. WTF, the damn mechanic said it would hold. I just stood there shaking my head. Then got him to understand that I was not going to put a stainless bolt in my engine cover on one side. This was on a saturday, I went back into the stealership and the girl ordered the correct parts. The mechanic said that he could put it on but it would just keep falling off. I asked him why the factory would install something that was just going to fall off. I then asked why they could order parts on this sat. and not last friday or sat. The girl told me I just got a lazy clerk. WTF. Needless to say I got the parts and installed them myself with some locktite. Rant over.

2. Dec 7, 2008 at 9:25 AM
    Killer Red Taco

Killer Red Taco NorCal Rock Whore

Member:
    First Name:
    Whatsurname
    BFE–Norcal
    Vehicle:
    007 Tacoma A/C TRD O/R Impulse Red 4x4
    Bilstein 5100 on front at 1.75 setting • 5100 on back• K&N Air Filter• TRD Seat Covers• Day Time Running Lights• Foglights Anytime• Hella 500 lights in grille• Rear TSB Springs• Alternative Locker Mod• CB and 4 ft firestick II• Billet Grille• Kid puke in the back!• 265/75R16 Goodyear MT/R• 16" Devino wheels• Hose Clamp Mod• Revenge Fab Sliders• No Sway Bar• A Hottie as Copilot
    I was thinking locktight the whole time I was reading this, thumbs up.
    thumbs down to the service guy, moron, How does the factory keep all the other of these bolts from backing out? A type of locktight, hmmm? stupid dealership.

3. Dec 7, 2008 at 9:26 AM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX TRD 4x4 DC
    OME Lift W/886 Coils LR UCA's Daker Leaf Packs 265/75/16 Duratracs N-Fab Steps UWS low pro box Carhartt Seat Covers/Door Inserts/Console Cover Relentless Fab Rear Bumper/Tailgate Skin Bed Mat DB Fab Grille Insert with Baja Designs Cube LED's Bulletproof Fab Engine Tray/Lower Grille Insert .50 Cal Antenna/Valve Stem Covers Custom Fab Console Lock Box Custom Shift Knob Dash Mat Window Tint Rugged Ridge Floor Mats Blacked Out Emblems Color Matched Grill Surround OEM Front Aluminum Skid Plate G-Tek Door Sill Protectors Wheelskins Steering Wheel Cover EGR In Channel Vent Visors FJ emblem on the tailgate Fab Fours front bumper Northstar battery TRD battery tie down
    Yeah I was about to say "use some locktite" however you already got that! I had the same thing when I got the TSB done. They told me that I did not need a 4 wheel alignment because all they took off was the rear end. It took me pulling out a copy of the TSB and showing him that I did not care if he was to dumb to figure out that if you take the rear end off you have to make sure it lines up with the front after putting it back together I was owed the alignment and wanted it either way. A quick stop by the service managers office took care of that. After all the work was done I got a copy of the alignment printout and showed them where it was off. Overall the stealership just pisses me off!

4. Dec 7, 2008 at 10:22 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 [OP] Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Kaplan, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners.
    I only use them because I have warranty and since I paid for it I will sure as hell use them even if I have to fight tooth and nail. I know that all of their parts are expensive as hell, for instance a factory toggle switch $80.

To Top