1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stupid Question from a newb.....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Shawn08Tac, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Jan 29, 2011 at 7:21 PM
    Shawn08Tac

Shawn08Tac [OP] New Member

Member:
    Boulder
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD SR5 Sport
    Quick question
    I am looking at putting a Westin bull bar w/ Skid plate on my 2008 Taco and I was wondering since I live in Co and I must have a front license plate will I need to relocate my front plate in order to stay legal? Thanks in advance for the help....

2. Jan 29, 2011 at 10:20 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2008 F-350 Powerstroke
    You already know the answer to this question.

I'm a cop, driving down the road. I see you. I know state requires you to display a front license plate. If I don't see it, I will pull you over. How simple does it get? The letters of your plate need to be clearly visible, and they will need to see any expiration tags as well. If they can't, you are illegal. Its a very simple law that all states have. It applies just the same to making sure your license plate is clear of snow buildup during the winter. You can be pulled over for not making it visible.

3. Jan 29, 2011 at 10:53 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    this is how i had mine
    [​IMG]

it was not a western bar tho

4. Jan 30, 2011 at 7:14 AM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    stupid front plate laws.........

5. Jan 30, 2011 at 7:33 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I would say you are lucky that you haven't gotten pulled over yet. Most states require to to be "permanently affixed" or something similar.
    Glad it's worked out for you this far.

6. Jan 30, 2011 at 7:39 AM
    Snowman11

Snowman11 Supreme Ruler

Member:
    First Name:
    Snow
    Near Philly
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TuRD Sport
    5100 Billies
    Glad PA doesn't need that crap on the front. I don't understand the point of a plate there.

7. Jan 30, 2011 at 9:22 AM
    dfenter84

dfenter84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Alamogordo, NM
    Vehicle:
    08 taco TRD stock
    Yeah New Mexico doesn't require it, it's great!! Although my sister has gotten pulled over in another state and the cop there almost gave her a ticket and tried to tell her NM did require it, I'm not one to say cops in general are stupid, but there are some who just shouldn't be cops.

8. Jan 31, 2011 at 4:36 PM
    Snowman11

Snowman11 Supreme Ruler

Member:
    First Name:
    Snow
    Near Philly
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TuRD Sport
    5100 Billies
    I told my dealer that if they drill thru my bumper I am going to order a different truck :)
    And for all the stickers and license plate holder in the rear... I asked them if they were going to give me money for endorsing their business and my sales guy scratched his head and said no. I said then I expect there will be no advertisements on it when I pick it up.

To Top