1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Stupid Viper alarm install people

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jeremy_283, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Jan 31, 2009 at 6:22 PM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 [OP] Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    any suggestions on how to seal their stupid god damn hole, i have to take it back so they can finish it up still and get the remote start working, but i am gunna go ahead and put this tilt sensor on the inside of my tailgate, so how should i seal these holes off?

[​IMG]isn't that about the stupidist damn place to put a sensor?

[​IMG]

2. Jan 31, 2009 at 6:29 PM
    Rtrn2taco

Rtrn2taco Nostalgia...

Member:
    Philadelphia
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner (silver)
    Yes that is the most ridiculous spot to mount the sensor. I would use a pop rivet (black) and some silicone. Is it the small hole made by the screw holding the sensor on?

Edit: now I see the hole :eek:. I would ask them to find another location, after all they are suppose to be professionals. They could have 3M taped that bitch inside the tailgate.

3. Jan 31, 2009 at 6:30 PM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    Ya. Use some black adhesive silicone. That aught to seal it up pretty good.

4. Jan 31, 2009 at 6:38 PM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    Why can't you pull the panel off and mount it "inside" under the panel? There has to be an opposite "valley" to the one that is on the face of the panel. It's out of sight and will not get ripped off the first time you move a couch.

See in your picture how the sensor is DOWN in the groove....now look immediately left or right. The raised groove is opposite underneath which would make it an "innie" not an "outie" (only way I figured to get technical) That panel comes off easy. I pulled mine when I put in the tailgate lock. I believe it's 15 (number of quantity, not number of the Torx bit) Torx Fasteners. I put my Torx bit in a cordless drill and they spun right out. There is even more room inside the skin of the tailgate and there is plenty of access to get in there. Hell, If I can get my meaty peter pumpers in there....Like was mentioned, put some good 3M tape on the sensor and stick it inside the tailgate.

There has got to be a better place. Hell, there is probably room on the edges (vertical when closed) to place that. Where the cable and the latch is.

Good luck to you Sir.

5. Jan 31, 2009 at 6:46 PM
    montgomery_30824

montgomery_30824 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Guyton, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '06 prerunner 4dr
    K & N airfilter, custom built 10" sub boxes, pioneer head, mag-lite mod, Blue LED dash lights, custom painted engine cover, mud flap removal mod, alarm/remote start installed,
    by not drilling the hole in the first place. mount it on the inside of the gate not the outside. or use a pin switch so that if opened the alarm goes off.

6. Jan 31, 2009 at 7:01 PM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    yea, they had the panel off anyways to run the wiring, i dont know what dumb fuck would do that, they are prolly so use to installing stereos on trucks and shit that are just for show that they forgot what a truck is suppose to be used for

7. Jan 31, 2009 at 7:06 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Man, that was a stupid way to mount that sensor.

Now that I have re-read your post, you are going to put it on the inside of your tail gate, right? To seal the hole, I would get a small piece of metal and seal that down with silicone sealant. Maybe even use some small pop rivets to keep it from moving :rolleyes:

8. Jan 31, 2009 at 7:06 PM
    Ry1984

Ry1984 Well-Known Member

Member:
    From Texas, Now Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    01' ExtCab SR5 2.7 4x4
    K&N FIPK, Billy 5100 all around, 881's in the front, Toytec AAL
    some black 4200 or 5200 caulk. rub your finger in some soft hand soap like dial and it makes it easier to work with, and prevents it from sticking to your fingers.

9. Jan 31, 2009 at 7:15 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra TRDRW
    Nada, Zip, Zilch, Nothing
    that's pretty fkn stupid...

10. Jan 31, 2009 at 7:34 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    WOW. They call themselves professionals.

11. Jan 31, 2009 at 8:09 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    The sad thing is the installer probably thought he did a great job but has absolutely no clue as to how much abuse tailgates take

12. Jan 31, 2009 at 8:16 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Apparently alarm installers :anonymous: are not required to graduate high school! :eek: That's just unprofessional and uncalled for! :frusty:

13. Jan 31, 2009 at 8:49 PM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    That is just sad. I would be SO mad...

14. Jan 31, 2009 at 8:51 PM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    yea, other than that its a pretty damn good install ........... maybe he was :proposetoast:

15. Jan 31, 2009 at 9:02 PM
    mneuls

mneuls Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort St John, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    5100's and dakar leaf 3"lift, Satoshi grill,
    Bilstein 5100's front and back, dakar 3" leaf springs, Westin bull bar, piaa driving lights, piaa replacement bulbs, H/U, 2x10" mtx tt65 subs, 1000w clarion monoblock, Mtx surround speakers. green wire mod. Flowmaster 40, airaid intake. scanguage II.
    go to an electrical wholesaler and buy a T&B "H050CAP" it's a 1/2" cap off, you'd be able to find something similar in a smaller size as well. Personally, I'd Make whoever installed it buy me a whole new plastic piece from toyota.

16. Jan 31, 2009 at 11:18 PM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    sounds interesting, what exactly does it look like? lowes wont have it? lol

17. Feb 1, 2009 at 5:17 AM
    mneuls

mneuls Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort St John, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    5100's and dakar leaf 3"lift, Satoshi grill,
    Bilstein 5100's front and back, dakar 3" leaf springs, Westin bull bar, piaa driving lights, piaa replacement bulbs, H/U, 2x10" mtx tt65 subs, 1000w clarion monoblock, Mtx surround speakers. green wire mod. Flowmaster 40, airaid intake. scanguage II.
    it's a circular shaped cap with threads coming out of it and a blue seal around it, and you just thread a locknut on the other side of the hole when you stick it in. you can find some that just push in, but they won't be as watertight.

18. Feb 1, 2009 at 2:42 PM
    jeremy_283

Member:
    Vehicle:
    well, heres what i did

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Dec 15, 2009 at 12:04 PM
    WATacoRider

WATacoRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    lol.

For whatever reason, the shop I that installed my Clifford recommended me not to use a pin switch for my tailgate. They said they would use a tilt sensor too. I was like nevermind, I'll do that part myself.

So I got a pin switch online. This 1 to be exact.
    http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=060-812

And hooked it up to the hood pin switch already in place.

Works fine and it's hidden.

20. Dec 15, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    Cars0n`

Cars0n` Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 2wd access cab base.
    Kenwood DDX-512 Deck, Boston Acoustics G5 Sub in Ported Bassworx Box, Kenwood eXcelon KAC-X10D Amp, Sirius Satellite Radio, Magellan GPS, DDM 55w bi-xenon headlights, 2 HID Hella 500ff's mounted behind grill, 4 pc ebay Billet grill, Fog Lights (my truck didnt have them stock), Pioneer Speakers 6x9's(front) 6.5's(rear) AFE Cold Air Intake, Hose Clamp Mod, Tailgate Strengthen Mod, Removed Gay Mud Flaps, De-Badged, BHLM, 245/45/20 on velocity wheels. VW865a, Extra D Rings In Box, OEM Cruise Added Optima Red Top Battery
    beat me to it :)

id do it just to be a prick and get the message through

To Top