1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sub Enclosures

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by TacoTuesday09, May 29, 2009.

1. Jun 4, 2009 at 7:27 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    I like it. It sounds pretty good to me. The install took me about 2 hrs to cut the storage bins and make the amp rack. I would love to hear some other systems to compare

2. Jul 2, 2009 at 9:18 PM
    hramo

hramo New Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner
    Senior Taco,
    What size sub did you get?

3. Jul 2, 2009 at 9:56 PM
    senor taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
  4. Jul 4, 2009 at 12:49 PM
    dixiedeerslaya

dixiedeerslaya Well-Known Member

Member:
    Senor taco... How much air space is in your box? I just bought that same speaker and am in the process of building the box...... I think i can squeeze out about .7 cubic feet... But thats about it

5. Jul 4, 2009 at 2:09 PM
    senor taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    how do you determine the cubic feet? The dementions are(h)13.5x(w)27.375(d)5.25-3.25''

6. Jul 4, 2009 at 7:34 PM
    dixiedeerslaya

Member:
    thanks... that comes out to be abou .495 cubic feet..... my box will be about .6 so i should be good to go....

7. Jul 4, 2009 at 7:53 PM
    senor taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    Where did you get the sub and how much ?
    I want to have two with a a box from mr marv

8. Jul 5, 2009 at 6:40 PM
    dixiedeerslaya

Member:
    $127.... ordered it thursday.... they sent me a ups tracking number friday... it should be here wed.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18008

i found the sub on crutchfield.com..... they wanted 219.... man im glad i didnt spend that extra $85 dollars......

i was kinda worried about it fitting in my box, but i drew up your box according to the dimensions you gave me and looks like you had about an inch and a half less than my box....

senor taco.... did you take the plastic cover off the magnet to get it to fit in your box?

9. Jul 5, 2009 at 7:21 PM
    senor taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    No, but it's tight.

10. Jul 6, 2009 at 5:54 AM
    dixiedeerslaya

Member:
    were those the outside dimensions or the inside dimensions that you posted earlier?

11. Jul 6, 2009 at 8:49 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    For people wondering about the doublecab seat bolts...

1. Fold the seats down.
    2. Remove the plastic caps at each corner (4 total, you might bust them, there's no really good way... you can play with a screwdriver too)
    3. Seats come out with a 14mm socket
    4. Now there's three metal brackets. Each bracket attaches to the truck with two 12mm bolts. When you need to reinstall them, note the two similar shaped ones have markings for R and L (the L standing for the left side, aka the driver's side)

Products Discussed in

To Top