1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suggestions... help...

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Grouse, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Apr 28, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    Grouse

Grouse [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Carmel, NY
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma
    My 2002 Tacoma, 4 cyl, 4wd, 5 spd..... 276,000 still with original clutch...... I have a check engine light and it won't pass inspection until I get it looked at... it looks like a catalytic converter issue..... I also see it's running real rough out of no where.... essentially not driveable..... Question.... how much is it worth to spend on this..... it has a new frame (two years ago)..... I'm so attached to this truck but need to make decisions...... any ideas on a resell value with that mileage if I look for something newer..... thanks.....

2. Apr 28, 2013 at 8:40 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    2001 4x4 5Spd Xtra Cab V6
    205k+ miles, 265/75/16 BFG A/T's, OME 881's, Wheelers 5 leaf pack, 5100's, Home Made Sliders
    sounds like a miss. Get the code read for free at vatozone and see whats wrong.

3. Apr 29, 2013 at 6:58 AM
    Taylor

Taylor Wants to learn all about his Taco.

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Lynchburg/Harrisonburg Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 TRD SR5 College build
    Extra badges, painted skidplates, grey wire mod, Kenwood double-DIN headunit, pioneer amp, 12 inch MTX sub, playstation 2 under seat, Uniden CB with 5 foot Wilson 1000 antenna, deckplate mod, 4xinnovations sliders, diff breather mod, bilstein 5100s at all 4 corners, OME Dakar Leaves, BAMF BPV bracket, Wheelers greasable shackles,
    We can suggest anything until you get the code read. take it to a parts store and get it read for free.

4. May 3, 2013 at 7:02 AM
    Grouse

Grouse [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Carmel, NY
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma
    It read misfire.... #2, swapped out coils and replaced "bad" coil with no improvement. I also had a badly worn wire yellow/green, third from left (of four) that broke completely.... might try to splice. Wish I knew how to post a photo here... I'll try.... any suggestions? Thanks to all!!!

5. May 3, 2013 at 7:13 AM
    Grouse

Grouse [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Carmel, NY
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma
    [​IMG]

I spliced the other wire last year.... this one was barely holding on and leaves little room to splice. Anyone familiar with these or if this could be part of the problem? I'm going to replace the spark plugs tomorrow. The truck was tuned up a couple of years ago and they didn't replace a gasket and after I hit a puddle I found a misfire from water intrusion... replace plugs and it ran ok then.

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  6. May 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    SCSPerformance

SCSPerformance Stealth Custom Series™

Member:
    First Name:
    Vin
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma
    Camburg LT kit DMZ SUA kit SCS wheels Matte Black custom paint
    That looks like the harness for your MAF sensor. That broken wire could be the culprit to your misfire. I would definitely get that fix, reset the computer, and see how it goes.

To Top