1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suggestions please....

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by BPachom, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Jan 14, 2009 at 9:00 PM
    BPachom

BPachom [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5, 4cyl 4X4, Black
    Access roll-up tonneau cover, Factory radio W/Sirius, Tailgate clamp, HID head lights, Stainless nerf bars.
    Would like to bring over my existing Siruis account to my 09 Tacoma, (Access cab with factory satellite roof mount antenna and factory satellite radio). I am told I need the following: Directed Electronics Toyota Compatible SiriusConnect™ Interface & SiriusConnect™ Universal Vehicle Tuner. I also learned that I will need a SFA12M Shark Fin Adapter Cable to connect to the factory roof mount satellite antenna. I purchased the first two items thus far and but not the "Shark Fin Adapter" yet (waiting to hear from my supplier) and will do the install in the near future.

Has anyone installed this configuration yet?

Here is where I ask for suggestions; I am looking for suggestions as to where I should mount the Sirius connect interface & Sirius vehicle tuner.

Thanks in advance!
    Bob

2. Jan 15, 2009 at 8:54 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I didn't want to be the first post, as I have not installed one, but based on discussions here (used the search feature at the top of the page, its handy) I believe the stock location for the sat tuner is behind the front passenger kick panel. There is plenty of room behind the center console pocket under the dash as well.

3. Jan 17, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    BPachom

BPachom [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Long Island
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5, 4cyl 4X4, Black
    Access roll-up tonneau cover, Factory radio W/Sirius, Tailgate clamp, HID head lights, Stainless nerf bars.
    Sooner;
    Thank you for the response.
    Yes, I am still familiarizing myself with this web site that is very helpful.
    Once I receive the "shark fin adapter cable", I will install. Then, maybe I can post how my install went for others to learn.

Products Discussed in

To Top