1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suggestions

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by piratemike, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Apr 15, 2010 at 10:14 AM
    piratemike

piratemike [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hillsborough, N.C.
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma X-tra cab 4WD
    Hello everyone,
    I am new here on this forum but, I have owned my current Tacoma for about 12 years. It is a 1996 Tacoma X-tra cab, 4WD, 5spd, 2.7L 4cyl, 110K miles. The truck is stock with the exception of Rancho shocks and BFG 30x9.5x15 AT.
    This truck has seen very little use over the past few years but, I am going to start using it as a daily driver and I would like some advice. I need to get new tires and while I am at it , install new shocks. I am interested in a tires that has more of a street tread pattern(this truck never goes offroading) and shocks that would provide a good ride during highway use. Any advice, tips, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

2. Apr 15, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    Fireguy67

Fireguy67 Rebecca and Willow's Opa

Member:
    First Name:
    Klaus
    Maple Ridge, BC
    Vehicle:
    2013 4X4 4 door long bed TRD sport
    No mods- running boards, vent visors all around ,Leer XQ Cap, hood deflector,bed extender, OEM roof rack, Toyota bed mat.Nothing fancy!
    Mike-For tires -Tirerack.com will give you great ratings on all sorts of different tires. See what applies to you and away you go. I chose my Bridgestone Dueler revo 2's that way. Helped a lot. Shocks on the other hand- can't help you there. mind you the internet is full of sites that rate everything. Wouldn't be hard to find one on shocks.

3. Apr 15, 2010 at 3:36 PM
    Ry1984

Ry1984 Well-Known Member

Member:
    From Texas, Now Miami FL
    Vehicle:
    01' ExtCab SR5 2.7 4x4
    K&N FIPK, Billy 5100 all around, 881's in the front, Toytec AAL
    bilstein shocks, no doubt the best bang for your buck.

Edit: bilstein shocks, no doubt the bang for MY buck. They may or not be for you. Ive tried a few out and so far they are the best for ME. just my 02 cents.

Products Discussed in

To Top