1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sun Shade for 2018

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Dank Sinatra, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Dec 10, 2017 at 10:12 PM
    Dank Sinatra

Dank Sinatra [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Silver Strand, Oxnard
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport
    First post states “the camera changes the dimension of previous vehicles.”
    The Go Pro mount isn’t a camera and it doesn’t change the dimension of previous vehicles.

Fourth post I stated very specifically that the lane departure radar is tied to the camera on the windshield. That’s pretty descriptive from my vantage point. I’m Perplexed as to how someone could assume I was speaking of the go pro mount with that description and was then told the go pro location hadn’t changed and then in another post that the TSS equipment is in the emblem. It’s amusing to analyze this, since the confusion was resolved, but here we are!

And thanks!

2. Dec 10, 2017 at 11:34 PM
    PapaBear

PapaBear Never test how deep the water is with both feet.

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    SIN CITY
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB PR 4.0... Aaaand she’s GONE
    Soft Suspension Hard Rubber ®
    Agree to disagree on that first part, there's two ways it could have gone, and it went both.

TSS is brand new to the Tacoma, people that don't have it, or haven't heard of it aren't going to understand, but if someone says the camera next to the rear view mirror, more than likely a TW member will remember that Toyota is the only manufacturer to partner with another company and attach a mount for that company's product to their vehicles, and put the two together... You get the rest. I would, and so did he. Part of TSS, specifically the DRCC is located in the front grill. DRCC, Toyota's specific name for standard "auto cruise control", is actually pretty widely known and used in many other vehicles from manufacturer to manufacturer. LDA does use the camera but its main purpose is for PCS w/PD, in essence, all of TSS uses it. I saw some confusion and answered the question you had asked, that's it. Might I suggest just as @Herniator said, might want to consider for the time being just buying a cheap one and custom cutting out exactly what you need.

Herniator likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top