1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sundown SD3 Group Buy Add

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by inthebed, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Aug 20, 2018 at 1:30 PM
    inthebed

inthebed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Prerunner
    Get your SD3 D2 and D4's in time for Christmas guys, I will price match anyone for a BNIB SD3 D2.

Contact Mr Marv about building a box or having a box built by him!

Now the average Tacoma can hold one or two or even three SD3's in the rear compartment behind the seats, and do not clip the child restraint. We have dimensions of boxes that will work around those restraints.

The best prices all around:
    SD3 - A Single woofer: $180 D2/D4
    SD3 - Two woofer's: $325 D2/D4
    SD3 - Three woofer's: $450 D2/D4
    It is completely your option how many woofer's you wish too purchase. If you buy three it will completely take the back space behind the rear seats. The airspace is 0.5ft^s-0.61ft^3 and optimally it's 0.61^3

These woofer's are either Dual Voice Coil (DVC) 4ohm or 2ohm thus giving us two different impedance (ohms), DVC woofer's too choose from: SD3 D2 and SD3 D4.

I suggest knukonceptz candy cable, they have the best selection and best looking power wire for your choice of amplifiers, of which I can only recommend JL Audio class A/B for a 4 channel if you want too amplify your door speakers. And if you don't want too get around too that yet... go on crutchfield and purchase Morel Maximo 6.5" 6's co-axials and components as a pair each and you'll be saving a huge headache as Crutchfield will deliver you door adapters and speaker hookups for factory wiring. PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT AMPLIFY FACTORY WIRING.
    If you want too amplify the Morel Maximo 6's then please do so by running preferably TINNED OFC 12-16 AWG wire (American Wire Gauge, Can not stress how important buying AWG is.) (Always buy car audio products for car audio projects...)

Bringing me too my next point if you want the absolute best sound I suggest your choice of co-axials sold by Dayton Audio. I might have a group buy on these however you will need to make speaker adapter's out of 3/4" MDF and buy a pair of AMT tweeters for the front, a beefy 6.5" or a 6x9 midrange for the front... and co-axials for the rear or the rear passengers won't have any tweeters :( And you will also need a Digital Sound Processor, the best is the Helix and it will be beat by the BRAX once it is in production. Next one down is minidsp and one step closer to I can afford this is the Dayton Audio Digital Sound Processor (DSP.)

If your curious about any of my group buys I'm just gathering interest on this sticky of a page, the group buy list will be in the trading sub-forum accordingly.

Of Note: I check tacomaworld.com allot, and any and all audio questions might be answerable through me, as I do really like to help you guys have safe happy audio.

For the SPL Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B you might find that a shallow 18" will work better than the Sundown SD3. However the SD3 is the most sq subwoofer / spl option for full tonality among all of the genre's of music, as most 10"'s are. However I will make the bet that if you heard one and you are a SQ fan you'd be sold on the Sundown in a second, I am willing too give testimonial listening's in the S. ATL area.

One other product that is very useful is a HFEQ if you have a single din radio and would like too add level control across a few octaves, of course there are other options on the market. Though they can be used in-line as a pre-amp before or after a DSP.

If you want Class D amplifiers I suggest purchasing highly reliable proven amplifiers that leave little room for failure in size and you might just be able to squeeze three SD3'S inside the passenger compartment in the rear.

Disclaimer: please look for the group buy's in the Trading forum on tacomaworld.com

2. Jan 25, 2019 at 9:41 AM
    FreddieS

FreddieS New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Freddie
    Vehicle:
    08 Black TRD DBL Cab Prerunner
    So many to list now
    For the 2nd gen double cab, do you have a box for 2 of the sd3 4 ohm 12in subs?

Products Discussed in

To Top