1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

sunroof questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Toy Yoda, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Jan 30, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    Toy Yoda

Toy Yoda [OP] gotta make sure Youtube comes down to tape this

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB
    OME, ARB, Warn, Snugtop XV
    I'm looking at having a sunroof(s) installed in my 06 double cab, I've seen two moon roofs installed in a DC with no problem, my question is, is there enough room for maybe two automatic sliding sun roofs, or maybe just one and then a moon roof in the back seat. i love sun roofs and have always wanted one or two in my truck, what do you guys think?

2. Jan 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM
    Toy Yoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB
  3. Jan 30, 2012 at 9:38 AM
    Toy Yoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB
    yeah thats what i was thinking, cause you have to have twice the length of roof as you do the length of the glass for it to slide under

4. Feb 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    VE7OSR

VE7OSR нет войне

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob II
    Okanagan, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB TRD Sport
    Armour: All-Pro Skid plates - IFS, transmission, and transfer case. Pelfreybilt rear standard plate bumper, Metal Tech Sliders w/ kickout and dimple die filler plates. Front Suspension: OME 885 + NitroCharger 9000 shocks + 1/2" spacers for a 3" lift. Superbumps replacing stock bumpstops. Camburg ball joint UCA SS braid brake lines Future: ADS Extended length, extended length UCA BJ to increase droop capability Rear Suspension: All-Pro Expedition rear leafs, Walker Evans 27" rear shocks, extended rear brake lines (Wheelers Offroad), U -bolt flip kit, rear Timbren bumpstops. Future: Hammer Hangers, Shock relocate, ADS 12" or 14" shock. Interior: Weatherteck floor liners - front, Wet Okoles- front, ScanGauge, LED interior & map lights. Power moonroof. Exterior: Raider Cobra canopy, retrofit headlight by Insight, LED bulbs all around, modified flasher unit for LEDs. Rear diff breather mod. Front diff vibe problem, driver's side needle bearing replaced with ECGS bushing. yet to install: HID Blazer Fog Retrofit, LED Flood & Spot, + switches, fuse panel. swaybar relocate blocks (build my own)
    I very much like the installation on my "new to me" 05 DC. Power moon roof.
    Here are the details:

http://webastoshowroom.com/
    http://webastoshowroom.com/pdf/hollandia700_brochure.pdf

not a double unit, sits covers the front seats, but fully electric, and recedes into headliner. This unit looks like it was installed at the factory, the aftermarket install is that good. simple electric controls. Will enjoy it this summer! makes the cab feel even roomier.

5. Mar 1, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    MakoTacoma

MakoTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '97 xtra cab DX 4x4
    The dual looks sweet. I wonder if you could go right to the manufacturer and order a "fixed" sunroof in addition to the functional one. Seems pretty feasible to me. Of course, the slider would have to slide open externally then due to lack of space, which I'm personally not a fan of.

I priced one today (Inalfa ASI) after reading various reviews on here. $1000 and guaranteed for life; pretty good deal I think. And sounds like the key to install is getting a fitted brace for the ribbed roof along with a good installer.

Products Discussed in

To Top