1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Super charge help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ffblaze911, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Sep 7, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    ffblaze911

ffblaze911 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Frederick, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    Supercharger
    so Friday i took my truck to the dealer to get an oil change and have them check all the fluids. well they found that i had a small leak on my water pump and it was thronging coolant all over my motor well they did not even fill my reservoir back up and i had to make them do that. I went camping all weekend and left the truck at home so today i thought maybe i should check it and see how much i have coolant i have lost. well it was not much maybe a half in or so since friday well then i thought maybe i should check the inter cooler to see if that has any fluid and so i checked it and it was bone dry F***ing pissed. so has anyone experienced this and can the super charger over heat and what kind of probs do you think i could have with this. makes me mad cause i take it to the dealer thinking that maybe they would do there job F**K no they cant. So let me know what you guys think i should do about this.. I have already made a call to TRD and to Toyota dealer and waiting for a call back from toyota.

2. Sep 7, 2010 at 2:54 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    Did the dealer install the supercharger, casue funnily enough in the instructions i believe there is not anything that says to fill the supercharger tank with coolent I was confused when I first did it because the lack of that.

3. Sep 7, 2010 at 3:08 PM
    ffblaze911

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Frederick, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    Supercharger
    ya the dealer did install it. i just read through the instructions and said it should bee full

4. Sep 7, 2010 at 3:11 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    oh well i remember it being not so apparent, anways how long was the truck running without coolant in the innercooler?

5. Sep 7, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    if toyota installed the s/c take it back right away...you paid them to do the job right and they fell well short of it...make them fix everything and if your engine seizes because of no coolants in the intercooler/radiator then toyota has to buy you a new engine and s/c...

some techs are so dam stupid...read the freaking instructions...

6. Sep 7, 2010 at 5:28 PM
    ffblaze911

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Frederick, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    Supercharger
    i not sure how long its been running with out coolant but looking at it looks like a hose might be leaking so maybe 5000 mi since my last oil change that is if they checked it last time who knows..
    The service guy called me back tonight and said that they are going to bring it in to fix the water pump and when the do that they are going to look over the super charger..
    dose anyone know if the supercharger over heats what probs could it cause and how can i tell if they even look at it and not just say that its ok

7. Sep 7, 2010 at 5:44 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    no coolant and hitting boost...can start knock and eventually blown engine...

call them back and tell the stealership that you had install the S/C to come pick it up and tow it back to the dealership...your not going to risk driving the truck anymore cause it might not only damage the TRD S/C but also might cause serious damage to the engine...

bring some paperwork to show that they were the ones that installed the s/c and did your last servicing that way you can prove to them that the technician didn't check the coolant levels and may have improperly put back all the coolant lines...creating this problem...

why should you pay for a new engine and s/c when that dealership did all the work? you already paid them for the install and the servicing its their fault plain and simple...

8. Sep 8, 2010 at 5:13 PM
    Coupe

Coupe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 X-Runner
    Lots baby!
    I had a fear of this, so I added a dual temp intercooler gauge. This gauge is made by SPA.

[​IMG]

I can read out temps before and after the intercooler.

I made a surge bottle out of aluminum.

[​IMG]

One probe is in the bottle.

The other probe is in this brass fitting, made by Autometer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To Top