1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Super Stumped with this Thumping/Knocking Noise

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Scobee1kenobi, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Sep 10, 2013 at 5:08 PM
    Dcpsychobilly

Dcpsychobilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    Bumpers, skids, lights and more lights, trail gear bumper, sliders, front kings, dakar lift leaf springs rear, corbeau seats
    Subbed for answer/solution

2. Sep 17, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    mc3404

mc3404 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Concord ,NC
    Vehicle:
    03 v6 tacoma
    Mine ceased or is super faint. Put OEM drive belt on it. Im starting to realize aftermarket sucks. Granted belts were $85 from the dealer, you can get them a lot cheaper if you plan ahead and order from online. I believe Bando belts are the exact same a toyota belts and are just as cheap. Toyota did give me a Bando belt for the compressor. Hope this helps you guys out. Just for the record I use NAPA belts and looking back thi thin thumped just about sinceday one with those POS'S.

3. Feb 7, 2014 at 9:11 AM
    Kapncam

Kapncam Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    United States
    Super Charged, TRD exhaust
    Did you resolve this issue original poster? Mine is doing this knocking sound in gear did so I did timing belt water pump all the bearings that timing belt runs on cause that's where the noise is coming from. Spark plugs oil change. All new belts. Just want this noise to go away. Should I have the flex plate check I've been searching forums and that seems to be the main consensus around.

Products Discussed in

To Top