1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Super White Taco with RED badges... anybody done it?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by clintonjeffries, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Aug 29, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    clintonjeffries

clintonjeffries [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clinton
    Wenatchee, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 super white
    6" stage 1 Procomp lift, 18" matte black XD Monsters, 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AMP Research Electric Steps, Grillcraft upper and lower grill, Paint matched tailgate handle, Black headlights w/ black corners & reflectors, 6k HID in heads and fogs, tint, RED badges, red brake calipers, black brake drums, flowmaster exhaust, black shorty antenna, remote start, iPod interface, Weathertech floormats front and rear
    haha thanks man. go for it still, the calipers were really easy to do, you paint with a brush so you don't really need to tape a bunch of stuff off. There are caliper paint kits with cleaner, paint, everything you need, autozone and I'm sure other places too.

2. Aug 29, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    clintonjeffries

Member:
    First Name:
    Clinton
    Wenatchee, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 super white
    6" stage 1 Procomp lift, 18" matte black XD Monsters, 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers, AMP Research Electric Steps, Grillcraft upper and lower grill, Paint matched tailgate handle, Black headlights w/ black corners & reflectors, 6k HID in heads and fogs, tint, RED badges, red brake calipers, black brake drums, flowmaster exhaust, black shorty antenna, remote start, iPod interface, Weathertech floormats front and rear
    I didn't want to change the angles on everything by not using drop brackets. And to be honest, people can call me a mall crawler all day... that's what it is haha I'll use it and have fun, I have no problem going on a trail or taking it out to the dunes, but I'm not looking to mud hardcore or rock climb. This setup with my 4 wheel drive is all I'll need.

And price-wise, $1400 shipped to my door isn't bad in my book, I got AAL and rear shocks with the kit, so essentially the only additional things you suggested that I didn't get are aftermarket C/O's and UCAs... but again this is my daily driver and I'm not into hard wheelin

3. Aug 29, 2010 at 5:47 PM
    clintonjeffries

Member:
    First Name:
    Clinton
    Wenatchee, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 super white
    No worries man, thanks! If I had a taco or other vehicle for that matter, that was just for playing and offroading, I'd go nuts with the suspension and do all kinds of crazy mods haha redwall tires? kind of like the old whitewall tires but red?! that sounds kind of funky...

4. Aug 29, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    clintonjeffries

Member:
    First Name:
    Clinton
    Wenatchee, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 super white
    Dude those are tight I like those! I like the tread on the Trails a lot better, but that red lettering is dope. I thought you meant like the old whitewalls, like where the entire side of the tire is white haha
    images_58d5da8e659cba0b0894fde9ae8532f9b9be4936.jpg

5. Aug 29, 2010 at 5:57 PM
    IslandBoy71

IslandBoy71 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Reggie
    Lakewood, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD PreRunner Sport SR5 DC
    TRD Intake,Flowmaster Super 10 exhaust, King 2.5 c/o adjusted to 3inch front and King 2.5 rears w/AAL. Custom bed rack, rock sliders and rear tire carrier.
    Nice truck man! I like the red calipers I think I'll do mine next weekend. Did you have to remove them or painted them while they were on the truck?

6. Aug 29, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    Don't hate me... I know its only my opinion but I don't like it. I think the quality of the workmanship looks good through the picture, but the slight touches of red on the white either reminds me of a candy cane or I get the feeling you're trying to accessorize too hard. Perhaps a dark green, black or even a charcoal color would have been a nice touch. What I do like is that you are trying to be different and customize the truck to your liking. That's what's important. Like Tosh.O would say (if you know who he is)... and for that we thank you. :D

7. Aug 29, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    4" Bodylift 20" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    Where did you get your trd center caps

8. Aug 29, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    cobrakenny

cobrakenny Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Crew Cab 4x4 LB
    Just when I thought I was done....now this!
    Not so much on the calipers for a pick up but the badges look mighty good in red on the doors and in the grill...got me thinkin...

9. Aug 29, 2010 at 7:42 PM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud I'm back.

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    Chula Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma Off Road DCSB
    Stock. Purchased 2/17/19. Cement!
    :confused:

:pccoffee:

Awesome! I'm glad it working out for you. Thanks for the recommendation. A friend of yours contacted me about getting one. :D

10. Aug 29, 2010 at 7:52 PM
    clintonjeffries

Member:
    First Name:
    Clinton
    Wenatchee, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 super white
    No you don't remove them, you paint them with a brush. I taped off a couple spots on the rotors themselves but other than I just went for it. really easy mod.

haha I don't hate you man. Like you said, black or charcoal would obviously look good... and we know this because there are possibly thousands of taco's with blacked out badges, so I decided to branch out and stand out.

Tosh is the shit.

Thanks, the grill I actually painted behind the emblem, not the actual emblem in red. I got that idea from a guy who did that on here with his red truck.

I love the way the red on white came out... if you end up being the 2nd person to do this make sure to put up some pics! :D

11. Aug 30, 2010 at 9:32 PM
    Chad7088

Chad7088 Old Newbie

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    19th state
    Vehicle:
    ‘20 Tacoma Off Road DCSB 4x4 MT
    Lots to come
    Man that 6" lift with the 33's is nice....like the tire and wheel combo....not feeling the red tacoma emblem..but to each his own.....beautiful truck!!

Products Discussed in

To Top