1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Superwinch $214

Discussion in 'Deals & Coupons' started by RigginsTaco, May 20, 2017.

1. May 24, 2017 at 2:12 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    :thumbsup:

tcjacado likes this.
  2. May 28, 2017 at 5:11 AM
    Sub_Par

Sub_Par Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Anyone get a shipping update yet? Mine is somehow defying the confines of time and will ship June 26 but arrive June 15th. Not sure what the hell Amazon is doing with this one.

tcjacado likes this.
  3. May 28, 2017 at 6:02 AM
    2BeersPlease

2BeersPlease Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hmmm. Honeymoon or not, I'd rather not have to cut. I'll return it before I do that.

4. May 28, 2017 at 8:49 AM
    RigginsTaco

RigginsTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Vehicle:
    Boring taco with mods
    Stuff...
    They did that before with my wife's jk rock rails they gave it a 3 week gap for arrive time which usually means it's coming from a supplier instead of Amazon from what I got from it.

5. May 29, 2017 at 9:10 AM
    Pickeledpigsfeet

Pickeledpigsfeet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Foothills, CA
    I ordered mine when this thread popped up. It shipped on Thurs and should be here tomorrow. When I ordered it, the ship date was over a month out.

TXpro4X4, Sub_Par and RigginsTaco[OP] like this.
  6. Jun 1, 2017 at 6:28 AM
    Sub_Par

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Well I ordered on the 23rd and nothing has changed. It says shipping on the 26th but arriving the 15th, like I said this winch cab travel back in time haha. I wasn't in a rush but hope I have JT before the end of June.

7. Jun 2, 2017 at 9:45 AM
    synaps3

synaps3 Wag more bark less

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Los Alamos, NM
    Vehicle:
    2017 White SR5 4x4 DCLB
    SOS armor, ARE MX walk-in, Fox coils, Dakar leafs, etc
    My shipping date changed:

I still haven't gotten notification that my bumper's done from SOS, so I'm waiting regardless...

8. Jun 8, 2017 at 6:47 AM
    Sub_Par

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Mine was delayed but it's finally coming on Monday, was supposed to be tomorrow but it's cool. At least it's not the end of the month.

RigginsTaco[OP] likes this.
  9. Jun 8, 2017 at 7:27 PM
    2BeersPlease

2BeersPlease Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ordered mine on May 21, arrive today.

20170608_183627.jpg

I found this bit of info over some other off-road forum. I take no responsibility for its accuracy or completeness.

Here are the steps required to rotate the free-spool handle on an LP8500 and LP10000.
    1. With the winch on a clean flat surface, loosen the clamps on the solenoid box that secure it to the tie rods

2. Secure the wire rope and drum to keep it from unwinding uncontrollably

3. Loosen and remove the two tie rod screws securing the tie rods to the gearbox-end drum support only

4. Remove the gearbox end of the winch, complete with drum support.

During removal:
      • Ensure the driveshaft remains with the winch and that it does not fall out of the brake assembly inside the winch drum
      • Ensure the drum bushing comes off the drum with the drum support. If the bushing is stuck to the drum, remove it from the drum and install it in the bore of the drum support, being sure to note the alignment key on the drum support.
    5. Put the gearbox lever in free spool position to allow for easier disassembly and assembly of the gearbox

6. Rest the gearbox on its rear cover, remove the 10 screws on the inside surface of the drum support that hold the gearbox to the drum support

7. Rotate (with respect to the drum support) in any orientation that allows the holes to line up

Note: Seeing as there are 10 screws, the gearbox can only be rotated in 36* increments. This means the possible rotations are 36, 72, 108, 144, 180.

8. Tighten the 10 screws securing the gearbox to the drum support once the desired position is achieved
    9. Reinstall the drum support and gearbox assembly back onto the winch

During install:
      • Ensure the driveshaft remains inserted in the brake assembly inside the winch drum
      • Ensure the drum is inserted back into the drum bearing and the bearing does not fall out of the drum support bore
      • Some jockeying and rotating of the gearbox assembly may be required to get the driveshaft to seat into the gear train. The surface of the drum support must be flush to the end of the tie rods when properly installed. If the gearbox will not go all the way back onto the winch, the driveshaft is not seated. Rotate drum and / or gearbox slightly to assist in proper seating if required.
    10. Reinstall the two tie rod screws removed above, and tighten securely

11. Tighten the solenoid box clamp screws that were loosened above

12. Check to make sure the free-spool engages and disengages smoothly
    Check tie rod screws regularly to ensure they remain tight.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  10. Jun 10, 2017 at 6:44 PM
    synaps3

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Los Alamos, NM
    Vehicle:
    2017 White SR5 4x4 DCLB
    I got mine in today. The box was literally missing a side. It looks like some doofus threw it onto a truck and the box fell apart. Packing materials were mostly gone. The winch was smashed with the cover over the electronics completely shattered. The controls, mounting hardware, and roller lead were all missing.

Amazon wants me to ship it back, but the box is destroyed, so they told me to go buy a box and they'll pay for it. What a crock of shit. Replacement winch won't be here for at least two weeks.

I did a bit over $12k of purchases on Amazon last year. This, and that one time I tried to buy a bathtub back in 2013 are the only two orders I've ever had show up so underpacked. I'm disappointed, but it happens. I just don't see how someone can be stupid enough to think it safe to just send the bare box with no packing for something this heavy.

11. Jun 10, 2017 at 7:06 PM
    RigginsTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Vehicle:
    Boring taco with mods
    Stuff...
    Yeah I never understood that either... but my buddy got his winch in yesterday and his packaging was really jacked up too but all his stuff was there

I ordered a warn vr1000k and the box was literally beat to shit also. I just think it gets beat up in the process of shipping it

12. Jun 12, 2017 at 8:29 PM
    Sub_Par

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Mine came today, box was beat up but everything was ok inside. Got it installed with the @usoffroad bumper I've had for months. Felt good to wrench on the truck. Thanks again @RigginsTaco for the heads up on this deal.

13. Jun 12, 2017 at 8:45 PM
    RigginsTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Andreas
    Vehicle:
    Boring taco with mods
    Stuff...
    Anytime brotha! Be safe out there winching

14. Jun 20, 2017 at 11:49 AM
    Sub_Par

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Used mine for the first time on Saturday, no recovery but I did pull a cast iron boiler out of a basement. Uneventful because of he winch, but what a life saver as it never would have happened without it. Already paid for itself since the HVAC guys wanted a grand to cut it up and remove it.

tcjacado, synaps3, ChamYota and 2 others like this.
  15. Jun 21, 2017 at 6:11 PM
    synaps3

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Los Alamos, NM
    Vehicle:
    2017 White SR5 4x4 DCLB
    My replacement winch for the one that showed up destroyed arrived Monday. The box was destroyed again, but the winch and parts were intact this time. I have my SOS Offroad Concepts bumper: http://sosoffroadconcepts.com/2016-tacoma-streamline-front-winch-bumper/ in the garage waiting for paint. It has been raining since I picked it up from the tropical storm headed our way, so it will probably be at least another week until I can mount it. :)

RigginsTaco[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top