1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

surfing !!!

Discussion in 'South East' started by pat's taco, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Sep 10, 2008 at 5:30 PM
    pat's taco

pat's taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X DC
    Weathertech, ECG Fabrication retro grille, K&N intake, Magna flow dual, UWS low profile toolbox, XSP-X
    i was wondering if there are any other surfers/tacoma owners on the gulf coast ?!?!?! besides me ..

2. Sep 10, 2008 at 5:32 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Tallahassee FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    265/75/16 BFG A/T, 18" Magnaflow, K&N Intake Filter, Ultra-Gauge, Kobalt Toolbox, Metal Tail Light Guards, Cobra 19 and 4ft fiberglass antenna, Plasti dipped Badges/lower valance/rear bumper/grill/bullbar/ac controls, black DIN kit, JVC KD-X40, Wet Suit Seat Covers
    I'm gonna start surfing soon. Was looking at used boards on craigs list earlier. Used to be one hell of a skim boarder, but I have a bad knee so I can't do it anymore.

3. Sep 10, 2008 at 5:45 PM
    pat's taco

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X DC
    Weathertech, ECG Fabrication retro grille, K&N intake, Magna flow dual, UWS low profile toolbox, XSP-X
    last time i checked jville is on the east coast !!!! but thats cool , i go there alot for family stuff. i always take a board with me , but i usually go down to st. augustine... i think your idea is good. the only reason i started this thread because i wanted to see how everybody was enjoying the good surf we have been getting from all the storms. i used 2 sick days so i could go out today and tomarrow. the sets were perfect it was a good head high but had a crappy side drift later in the afternoon...

4. Sep 10, 2008 at 5:49 PM
    pat's taco

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X DC
    1406538887_l.jpg

the only pic from today ... not a good one

5. Sep 10, 2008 at 6:10 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Tallahassee FL
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner TRD Off Road
    265/75/16 BFG A/T, 18" Magnaflow, K&N Intake Filter, Ultra-Gauge, Kobalt Toolbox, Metal Tail Light Guards, Cobra 19 and 4ft fiberglass antenna, Plasti dipped Badges/lower valance/rear bumper/grill/bullbar/ac controls, black DIN kit, JVC KD-X40, Wet Suit Seat Covers
    Didn't notice you said Gulf Coast. Oh well.

Yeah, I go to St. Aug beach at Dondaville Road (drive on). Been there everyday this weekend and surf was HUGE. Biggest I've ever seen it here. And yeah I don't want to spend the $$ on a new board when I can get a decent one used. Save money for some mods and gas.

6. Sep 10, 2008 at 6:53 PM
    pat's taco

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X DC
    yeah you can totally find some deals on some used boards .... most surf shops usually have a used section ... with the exception of aqua east jax beach area ( i think thats what it's called ) they're to corporate for stuff like that.. actually if you are really just getting your feet wet , i think you should look at getting a ron jon board. they are pretty cheap for a beginner fun board. check out there website

7. Sep 10, 2008 at 7:11 PM
    TRDreamin

TRDreamin Active Member

Member:
    Naples, FL
    Vehicle:
    Green 04 PreRunner SR5, TRD Off-road
    Working on that...
    I'm on the Gulf Coast and we never get more than 2-3 footers?? Everyone around hear heads over to the East Coast to surf.

8. Sep 10, 2008 at 7:23 PM
    pat's taco

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X DC
    pretty much from panama ( st andews state park ) on westward was really great...so i heard .i surfed pensacola and panama for the gustav swells..... i normally stay in my region in lower gulf coast bama area: gulfshores and dauphin island

9. Sep 11, 2008 at 1:36 AM
    missileman125fw

missileman125fw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hey Pat! There is a guy in my shop that goes surfing during our lunch breaks. He's lov'n the bigger surf!

10. Sep 11, 2008 at 2:37 AM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Rio Rancho, NM -- From Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC 4x4 TRD-Sport
    Lifted
    Nor sure if i fall into the South East.. Im stationed in North Carolina.. (Pope AFB), currently deployed to SW Asia

11. Sep 11, 2008 at 2:51 AM
    ERdept

ERdept Well-Known Member

Member:
    I only do long board. I have a Wind and Sea 9'6" with a removable tri-fin. Good float and paddles well.

Just hard to get out on a big day. Got one cut on my hand from the fin. That was the end of that day.

Hit on the head with the board as well. Demon surf! I surf the cliffs at HB, CA. Surf City, USA.

12. Sep 11, 2008 at 3:46 PM
    pat's taco

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X DC
    back in 87 ........:laugh: that made me laugh. right on though, i surfed galveston once. i would like to go back .

hey buddy. i've been trying to get back on more. i wish i could go on my lunch break.

my friend was station there i think, he said the surf was always good in the carolinas

13. Sep 11, 2008 at 3:52 PM
    tacoskim

tacoskim Tuned By Gadget

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock
    me but im on the west coast :D

14. Sep 11, 2008 at 4:50 PM
    pat's taco

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X DC
    it's cool . apparently i'm the only one. all surfers are welcomed to chime in though:)

15. Sep 11, 2008 at 7:10 PM
    TRDreamin

TRDreamin Active Member

Member:
    Naples, FL
    Vehicle:
    Green 04 PreRunner SR5, TRD Off-road
    Working on that...
    Nice. One of these days I'm gonna learn how to surf. I skimmed for a little while, which is really popular around here, and I skated for a couple of years.

16. Sep 11, 2008 at 7:11 PM
    tacoskim

tacoskim Tuned By Gadget

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    Stock

i love skimmin... its definitely bigger over there than it is here. the sport is definitely growing though, i love it cuz its like skating and surfing in one

17. Jun 13, 2013 at 12:59 PM
    michaelw.grey

michaelw.grey Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    pensacola, florida
    Vehicle:
    98 4x4 SR5 3.4L V6 AUTO Ext Cab
    tinted windows, low pro black tool box, line-x spray in bedliner over rails, rain guards, 55w 5000k hids
    this is super old but is there any other gulf coast surfers out there? im in pensacola and surf most all of the gulf, dive, snorkle, boat, jet ski all that too. Once a year I even make a trip the east coast(sebastion pass, and coco beach)

18. Sep 25, 2013 at 5:27 AM
    pat's taco

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 XSP-X DC

cool , i still surf the gulf coast and drive a tacoma. I just don't get on here much

To Top