1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Surging/Thrusting Problem Under Acceleration

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by jberry813, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Jan 20, 2014 at 4:48 PM
    StAndrew

StAndrew Wait for it...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hampton Roads, Va
    Vehicle:
    SR5 4x4TRD
    Deck Plate Mod; Grey Wire Mod; 1.5" AAL; 1.75" Lift Shackles; Bilstein 5100's; Eiback Coils; LR UCA; Front Diff Drop; Tundra Brake Upgrade; Wheels Offroad Brake Lines; Rear Diff Breather Mod
    Ive been in SC 2nd gen and that's def not normal. When you get on it, it gets going. Unless your leafs cant handle the power. Im thinking axel wrap/wheel hop is the issue here. Traction bars will do wonders for you im guessing :D.

And Procomp uses lift blocks in a lot of their kits. Blocks make it worse.

2. Jan 21, 2014 at 2:58 PM
    I4anI

I4anI Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Houston, TX
    TRD s/c, URD 2.85 pulley, CAI, magnaflow cats back, JBA longtubes, Unichip W/flux2, Level10 valve body, Walbro 255 fuel pump, fiberwerx prerunner fenders, bi xenon heads and fogs, 2 12" LED bars
    i sent my valve body off to level 10 to be modified… is it possible it could be the valve body not working properly causing my surges and whatnot? almost like its getting caught between gears. valves not opening and closing at the proper moments? i might be talking outta my ass, but i gotta figure out what the hells going on...

3. Dec 3, 2014 at 3:53 AM
    j00h

j00h Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    My 2002 TRD Tacoma V6 with supercharger was having surging under load only during closed loop operation as well and seemingly occurring around 3k rpm. I somehow stumbled on this thread...

I took a look at the cats and found the front cat honeycomb had sperated from the body and crushed about 2\3 area from the end of honeycomb where the cat necked down. New cat and surging is gone. Seat of the pants also make me think I got more power!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
To Top