1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

survey about the look of tacoma (access or dble)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bra, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Dec 20, 2007 at 5:44 PM
    tacomajack

tacomajack Master

Member:
    alexandria VA (ten miles outside of DC)
    Vehicle:
    2006 pre-runner access cab V6 5spd auto trd o
    gibson exhaust, volant cool air intake, grillcraft grill, 5% tint, train horns, leather armrests and center console, 6" pro-comp basic, 35x12.5R20 Nitto Mud Grapplers, procomp series 107 polished 20 x 10. 2 10" rockford fostgate P2's and a kicker 750 monoblock!
    i got the access cab for two reasons, 1st a bicycle will not fit in the bed unless u remove the front wheel, and i ride freeride and those bikes dont have QR (quick release front axcels). i actually took one of my bikes to the dealer ship with me to see if it would fit in the short bed. 2nd im in the process of turning my truck into an actuall prerunner and the long wheel base of the double cab long bed just wouldnt work for me. but in my opinion the double cab looks better if u r basing your vote strictly on looks

2. Dec 20, 2007 at 6:00 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I dont have kids and dont plan to for a long time, but the DC is great since its got more room than most sedans, and i have 4 wheeling capabilities plus a small bed for when i need it. I rarely need the bed. i got my truck to haul a boat when i get one and go offroading, plus i was tired of being so close to the ground. Plus i travel alot and i have plenty of room in the cab for luggage and sleeping bags and the bed for coolers and chairs and a grill. So the DC is perfect for me. Although i do like the look of the access cabs

3. Dec 20, 2007 at 6:02 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I ride all mountain and my brother rides downhill. we can fit our bikes in the back of my shortbed. you have to lay them diagonally and on top of each other but they fit :)

4. Dec 20, 2007 at 7:21 PM
    klown

klown Tacoma World Ring Leader

Member:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD sport 4x4 double cab 6-speed
    Black, leather and heated seats, borla sport exhaust, side curtain airbags, daytime running lights, all weather mats, JBL premium 6 disk changer system, stainless step tubes, window tint, tow package
    I like the look of the access cab, but I ordered the DC short bed for passenger space

5. Dec 21, 2007 at 7:42 AM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    DC- LongBed (Wish List)

6. Dec 21, 2007 at 8:19 AM
    AZBlackDC

AZBlackDC Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Black Sand Pearl DC Prerunner TRD Sport
    I personally love the look of the access cab but the reason I bought the the DC was for more space as we have another addition to our family on the way.

7. Dec 21, 2007 at 8:41 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    Congratulations! :D

8. Dec 21, 2007 at 10:27 AM
    m_taker1

m_taker1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Bug deflecter, vent shades, Airaid Intake, Pop 'n lock, replaced chrome bumper with black bumper, replaced chrome grille surround with a black grille surround, blacked out logo in the front, debadged, center console lock, grom audio mp3/ipod,weathertech digital liners
    I liked both but I got an access cab myself. I didn't want a shorter bed with the double cab!!

9. Dec 21, 2007 at 10:47 AM
    tacotoe

tacotoe Pastry Chef

Member:
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    `17 AC Sport MT
    ARE Topper, Icon aal, OEM Audio+
    Access cab w/short box,but need the dbl cab to haul kids in.

10. Dec 21, 2007 at 11:05 AM
    SteelCity

SteelCity Wherever I May Roam

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    06 Radiant Rd DC LB PreRunner SR5 V6
    Optima Red/Stinger Terms, DT Headers, Empire O2 sim, Bluetooth, USASpec PA12TOY, Redline Struts, Extang Tonneu, OEM Bed Mat/front Skid/Roof Rack, Grillcraft Grille, Susp TSB, Toytec 1/2" front spacers, Raammat/Ensolite, Sony GTs, Curt Hitch, Tranny cooler, Wet Okoles, AFE Pro-Dry Drop in, Muth Sig Mirrors, Temp/Comp RVM, Silverstar HLs/Fogs, Royal Purple Diff/PS Fluid, Detroit Truetrac LSD, Hellwig rear sway bar, SG II, Filter Mag, 265/75/16 Nitto TGs
    I got the double cab because I have one daughter with a son on the way. I had a Mazda B3000 Troy Lee Edition (paid off too!) that I LOVED, but not kid friendly so I sold it. I have the long bed because I'm always hauling around crap that sticks out the back. The cool thing about the Taco LB is that it's just over 6 feet, so all the lumber and tables I haul still fit with the tail gate shut.

11. Dec 21, 2007 at 12:54 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    We have 3 daughters so the DC was a must! Much more room than many other cars we've had or been in. Short bed wasn't really something I considered as I wanted the 6spd, and they don't make 6spd long beds. I love the look, and the fact that I'm always amazing people with the tight turn radius of it. It even surprises me sometimes when I'm on a tight trail and need to turn around!

I've hauled riding mowers, rototillers and half the furniture in my house in it when we moved. My father in law helped with his full sized chevy, but the cap limited what he could carry. With mine we just stood things on end or stacked them up and strapped them down. Even with the tailgate down I haven't found anything I wished I'd gotten the LB to haul. Anything too big for the SB that I want to get will be too big for a LB as well so I'm planning on a trailer. (Things like ATVs and big go-karts)

12. Dec 22, 2007 at 9:24 AM
    allrsdup

allrsdup Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sahuarita AZ.
    Vehicle:
    2018 dcsb trd offroad 4x4 Inferno
    i like the access cab look better but neded four doors so thas y i bought a d cab. sport package is hot as well.

13. Dec 22, 2007 at 11:00 AM
    Dcrooks84

Dcrooks84 Sir Anal Loin of Beef

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    05 double cab SR5 Pkg #8 lng bd 4X4
    Removed secondary air filter, Fog light anytime, Map light mod, Scan Gauge II, Polished Stainless Steel Westin E-Series Bull Bar, Black GrilleCraft Grille, Borla CatBack Exhaust
    I like the looks of the double cab the best. I went with the double cab long bed because I have a kid and when i take long scuba trips with some of my buddies that's a lot of gear to be hauling in a short bed or access cab.

14. Dec 22, 2007 at 1:05 PM
    littleschipper

littleschipper Active Member

Member:
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Vehicle:
    '07 Tacoma Dbl Cab 4X4 TRD (Stealth mode - No Stinkin' Body Badges here!)
    TRD Cat Back Exhaust, Leer 100XQ Bed Cap, 3M Paint Protector Film, Cool SMT LED Bulbs for Brake Lights, WeatherTech Floor Liners, Pop-N-Lock Tailgate Lock, Toyota Bed Divider, 2002 Yamaha V-Max Hot Rod Motorcycle for More Fun!
    I like the looks of my dbl cab better after putting the Leer cap on the bed, it looks more 'balanced.' I have two daughters, 4 & 6, so I need the dbl cab. I wanted a long bed dbl cab but Toyota doessn't make them with the TRD Off-Road pkg so I had to compromise. Tough decision because I wanted the larger bed. But hey, I'm not complaining, I love my Taco!

15. Dec 22, 2007 at 3:39 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    A classic line "Badges...we don't need no stinkin badges"

16. Jan 24, 2010 at 8:14 AM
    Jreaka13

Jreaka13 COLORADO!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma extended bed Sport
    Everything that i have done so starting first with the shell, westin sportsman front grill,PIAA fog lights, westin rear light guards, dee-zee side steps, Nice upgradred rims and tires, dvd player,12 inch sub, Halo headlights, K&n Cold air intake, bed mat......
    i think the double cab long bed sport looks the best. I love my truck. I have room for whatever is needed!!

17. Jan 24, 2010 at 9:48 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I love my doublecab longbed , for hauling stuff to and from work , but ALL tacos look awesome ,

OZ

18. Jan 24, 2010 at 9:49 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    In stock form visually I like the AC better. (also not the sport, I hate the fake hood scoop with a passion, I do like the color matched everything else though). Built up with armor, 3" lift, tires, ect... the DC looks better imo.

19. Jan 24, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    MsTRD

MsTRD hell yes i love my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Samantha
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 White Prerunner TRD Sport
    i actually like the look of the AC better but i got a DC for the full backseat, it's nice to have the extra room if i ever need it

20. Jan 24, 2010 at 9:57 AM
    MsTRD

MsTRD hell yes i love my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Samantha
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 White Prerunner TRD Sport
    hah oops, i didn't even notice :eek:

Products Discussed in

To Top