1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspension—help appreciated

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Holton1775, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Sep 21, 2019 at 9:53 AM
    Holton1775

Holton1775 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leland
    Friendswood, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Sport
    3in lift, 33's and TRD SEMA wheels
    Hello all, I recently just purchased my first Tacoma (19 TRD Sport DC) and can’t stand the way it looks stock—I really want a beefier look. I’ve been browsing through the forums regarding suspension mods and tire selection but I am still unsure on level vs lift.
    I do a significant amount of highway driving (400-500 mi per week) but am interested in taking the truck on trails over weekends and holidays. Is there a noticeable difference between (front leveling spacers / bilsteen 5100s and coil springs in front / lift all the way around ~3in or so)?

Thanks in advance!

Beretta4x4 likes this.
  2. Sep 21, 2019 at 10:00 AM
    captrussia253

captrussia253 IG: ruslan.khinotskiy

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra CrewMax 2016 Toyota 4Runner
    Just go with the OME lift kit and be done with it. Do it right the first time. And stay away from spacer lifts.

I went with a spacer lift and blew my front shocks. Then upgraded to the bulstiens 5100 and block lift. And now have the OME lift kit and wish I went that route from the beginning.

MattCowsmasher and Wesintex like this.
  3. Sep 21, 2019 at 10:03 AM
    Wesintex

Wesintex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blazing Blue Tacoma TRD OR
    255/85R16 Toyo Open Country MT, Customish bed rack, CB radio
    I did the OME kit. Didnt have to peice anything together and see if x fits with y. Came as a single kit with just one purchase. Love it. Rides well on and off road. And a much beefier shock.

4. Oct 13, 2019 at 6:01 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    What's your budget? Do you think your ride is to stiff now, too soft now? When you do 0lan offroad, what kind of of offroad? How much lift do you want and what size tire do you want? New wheels too?

Products Discussed in

To Top